Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does your mind wander when you're with the better half?

Options
  • 24-04-2011 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Im not sure if I should be concerned about this or not. Iv realised recently that when Im getting intimate with the better half - my mind does wander. I can be thinking about something completely random to what Im actually doing, or as in the case today - thinking about what Im going to talk to her about next.

So g'wan. Does your mind wander?

Ah. I'll make it a tad clearer. When I say 'getting intimate' I dont mean engaging in coitus, I mean just kissing, cuddling etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

No it doesnt. I would be kissing the wrong person if it did

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Yeah all the time. Could be going out with Megan Fox and after a month it wouldnt excite me as much as some average bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Yeah, I think of the most random crap even when having sex, one thought I had before was if I actually emptied the dishwasher. I tend to zone in and out of most things though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Yeah i think its pretty normal for your mind to wander often enough whatever you're doing.as long as you pay decent attention when you're talking with her you'll be fine.it'd be worse i think if your mind was completely blank all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Mid coitus I find myself doing muliplication in my head. Got to 9x12 once.

In all seriousness it sometimes happens when I'm speaking to someone I've just met or when I am being intimate with someone, find myself wondering whether I switched off the kettle earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Think ardal o'hanlan said that even if you were in bed with the most beautiful woman in the world a little voice in your head would be saying....I wonder what her sister is like!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

im like this the whole time with my GF.
    I find myself saying 'yeah' 'hmmmm' 'ah they will, id say' a lot when having a conversation with her.
    She could talk for ireland, and whilst she's doing that i completely zone out.
    I have no idea what she's saying half the time, i just know her mouth is moving.
    I think its an amazing ability men have actually.
    Just hope that someday when im in this zoned out state of mind, she doesnt turn round and do something crazy like ask me to marry her or something, to which i will have unwittingly replied 'hmmm. yeah':pac:
    Ah she's a beaut though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

I wouldn’t worry about it OP, I’d be surprised if anyone could swear they never have done this. I’ve thought about other men, other women, and I’ve no doubt that my OH has also. At the same time it’s something I can’t imagine us ever chatting about. I think it’s just a naughty little secret everyone has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Mid coitus I find myself doing muliplication in my head. Got to 9x12 once.

I do stuff like that, but it's more to do with me trying to make myself last longer :D
    alexa5x5 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t worry about it OP, I’d be surprised if anyone could swear they never have done this. I’ve thought about other men, other women, and I’ve no doubt that my OH has also. At the same time it’s something I can’t imagine us ever chatting about. I think it’s just a naughty little secret everyone has.

You bad bad person, how could you ever do that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

im like this the whole time with my GF.
    I find myself saying 'yeah' 'hmmmm' 'ah they will, id say' a lot when having a conversation with her.
    She could talk for ireland, and whilst she's doing that i completely zone out.
    I have no idea what she's saying half the time, i just know her mouth is moving.

I do this too, but with female friends or when talking on the phone to my Mum. I'd consider it a talent really, I can look quite pensive and involved when I'm actually on a different planet.

My mind rarely wanders when I'm getting laid though. Or kissing. If that happened I'd probably be kissing/shagging the wrong person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SJM

I am sure women do the same... if not more so!!

Advertisement