Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taker Retirement

Options
  • 24-04-2011 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭

Eventually the day will come when the taker will call it a day. How do you see it going.

I can see it being at a wrestlemania 28 he will win his match and get carried off by the druids and paul bearer will do something to him and put his soul in an urn.

When taker does retire i wonder what Mark Calloway will do become a trainer,become a road agent.

It will be a sad day grown men will cry lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

PTH2009 wrote: »
    carried off by the druids and paul bearer will do something to him and put his soul in an urn.

I really hope it will be something like this. Undertaker has been an amazing character over the years. Its only fitting.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I used to think he'd hang up his boots @ 20-0 after defeating Cena, but if he does his one match per year @ Mania I think he could possibly do another 3-5.

I would like him to wrestle other guys; Punk/Jericho/etc to give them their rite of passage, jobbing to the deadman at Mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I'd love in they spent the next year building Punk as the ultimate asshole heel, leading to a Mania match between them. It could be so awesome, given that Punk would be allowed pull out all the stops.

Oh and as for Taker's retirement, I would dearly love to be at his Hall of Fame ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I could see Taker hosting Tough Enough in a few years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Charisteas wrote: »
    I could see Taker hosting Tough Enough in a few years time.

Not a chance of him doing that I think.He is mean to be very protective of his character thats why you don't see him in the crowd at the HOF.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Living in Ireland

GTR63 wrote: »
    Not a chance of him doing that I think.He is mean to be very protective of his character thats why you don't see him in the crowd at the HOF.

True. He doesn't like breaking kayfabe (when it suits him) but I doubt he will give up Wrestlemania anytime soon. Since Cena is facing the Rock at WM28, he will have to wrestle either for the title or be placed on the midcard. A programme with Alberto Del Rio might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

But what about in a few years time, after he has retired. The Undertaker character will be dead and buried (no pun intended) as his in-ring career will be finished.

Or would he go to the extreme of protecting his character forever, long after he has retired? i.e. no interviews, no documentary, no books, no public appearances for as long as he is alive. I wouldn't rule it out completely, but I think that's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I think that has dwindled a lot in the last few years.
    It seemed to be ever since they stopped acknowledging him as actually being dead. They have sort of slowly stopped making him out to be this supernatural being.

And also when you take into account his appearing live on camera at UFC, something which im sure had he been as protective of his character in the past would in no way have happened. One could argue that as this wasnt a wrestling event par-se, that it doesnt count.
    But throw into the pot that he appeared at wm axxess this year totally out of character and done a signing, i think the days when he staunchly protected his character are behind him.

If im right then the question is why does he not have the same passion as he once had for not being seen as anything other than "the undertaker" and possibly the simplest answer is that he knows he is coming close to hanging up his boots and with that will come the unsurprising HOF induction and i think he would rather show up to that as more mark calloway, less the undertaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I hope the whole supernatural crap is behind him but I remember him being defeated by a lamp in his urn about 6 months ago.I hope he lays off the creatures of the night crap & cuts actual good promos like he has done with Hbk/HHH.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I don't see the big deal over the undertaker he should of retired a long time ago he wretles maybe 3 times a year now it's a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Not totally out of the question, especially if he returned to his ABA character.

At the same time, i think that when he finally retires he'll "retire" and there won't be any surprise appearances ala Austin/Rock etc.

I'm interested in seeing how his Hall of Fame induction would go, he's never broken character before and he'd surely get the big RAW sendoff like Flair and HBK have received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

He will wrestle Brock Lesnar at next years Mania you can bank on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I'll take that bet. There's no chance he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

He will wrestle Brock Lesnar at next years Mania you can Anglo Irish bank on it.

Fixed your post for you ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Brock's asking price will have significantly lowered because there's a lot of lost buzz with him. His TUF appearance has not helped! I suppose it depends how he does over his next 2-3 fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Balasubbie

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Brock's asking price will have significantly lowered because there's a lot of lost buzz with him. His TUF appearance has not helped! I suppose it depends how he does over his next 2-3 fights.

Would there still be as much incentive in it for the 'E should Lesnar's
    profile have dropped significantly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

How are they going to top the ridiculously one sided beating he got at WM? I think he may have more than one opponent next year, I mean, where else can they go with this? :confused:

Advertisement