Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New holland LM 1440 Teleporter

Options
  • 23-04-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hey there again lads:pac:,
    Wasn't too sure where to post this as many farmers in a previous life during the Celtic Tiger days worked on the building sites i thought this would probably be the best place to start anyway.
    I am thinking of buying a second hand construction spec New Holland teleporter as i do a fair bit of steel erecting and i was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the New Holland made Lm 1440 machines.
    We have a Manitou ourselves but i recently drove a NH and liked the feel of the machine, i know they would be difficult enough to shift on afterwards if i ever wanted to sell it but hopefully that would be a long ways down the tracks. Anyone i spoke to said they were an ok machine but many of these were sales people so i think their opinion maybe kinda biased:):)
    The machine i was thinking of buying is 04 with about 4000hrs on the clock, good overall condition, afew scraps and tears nothing serious, nice machine but seems a little slugish on the road and the brakes seem alittle hard and irresponsitive.
    Thanks for ye're opinions all appreciated:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭quader

good to see someone with a bit of optimisim .are u any good at putting up sheds and where r u based ?????? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

slugish on the road would be a worry to me. Any chance you could drive a lower hrs example for comparison?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭agrostar

Claasman wrote: »
    slugish on the road would be a worry to me. Any chance you could drive a lower hrs example for comparison?

Unfortunatly i dont know anyone in my area that have this type teleporter that i could ask advice or drive for comparitive purposes. They prob would be sluggish enough anyway i suppose as they weigh 11,340kg so it prob would take all the 117hp to get her going:).

I wouldnt mind if they werent the fasts machine on the road once it would be reliabe and i would be trailering it on the low loader any long distances, good condition Manitou's seem to be very scarce as many are after being exported. Just thought the NH may be worth a chance;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 supermajor

Hey agrostar, a neighbour of mine bought the exact loader your thinkin of buying a few years back. He used it to do a bit of buildin at the time and round the farm also. Good loader but had real problems with the axle which was probably due to the weight combined with alot of road work he did with it.
    I'm sure the axle is called a hertz but i'm open to correction on that. He did the bearings in it twice and hes givin it the road this year.
    He found out that its a problem with the NH. Not cheap either. Hertz axles are known for it but I could be wrong on this. If ya head to some mechanic that fix's tracors/loaders/lorries and not with any dealer (who'd be biased) ask about them loaders or ask about the hertz axles they should point ya in the right direction.
    Hope this helps. Let me know what ya find out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭agrostar

Sound out SuperMajor ill investigate into that tomorrow:), would you have any idea what part of the axles were giving trouble?
    I know that the bushing on the pivot for the rear axle is very prone to wear and is expensive enough to replace at 250eur a side.
    Was it cv joint wear, differential, or final drive wear that was happening?
    Thanks for your help...........:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 supermajor

I'm not a mechanic so i dont know wat u'd call it but u pull off the wheel and then off the hub and u'll expose these 4 small cogs on another plate i'm sure and behind that is the bearing and a seal. Thats the one that went the last time. I jus happened to be there when it was ripped. One of them cogs went another time too. It was on the section that turns anyway that seems to give him bother didnt hear of any other part givin trouble.

Advertisement