Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Bloodshed Fears After 'IRA' Warning

Options
  • 23-04-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

From Sky News:
    Police in Northern Ireland have been put on full alert amid fears of an Easter offensive by dissident republicans - as former members of the Provisional IRA claimed they planted the car bomb that killed police officer Ronan Kerr

Link: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201104115977226

I hope to God these lunatics don't try and start another "Easter Rising"

We really don't need to return to a time when the evening news is dominated by stories of murder, mayhem & bombings in the north!

My thoughts are with PSNI and his colleagues this weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

These so called "republicans" use the Easter weekend to spout their particular form of venom every year
    This years statement was worse than expected in some ways but you could kinda see it coming with the increased activity from dissidents north & south since the queen's visit was announced

Not a good time to be a PSNI officer i'm afraid :(

Lets hope it doesn't descend into total mayhem again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

My question is what was RTE doing filming their little ceremony? Why give them free exposure. Report on their crimes, not their propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

It was a tape handed into BBC news I thought?

The irony is there was an episode of Reeling In the Years on the last day for 1971. In the episode, Erskine Childers banned RTE from reporting direct terrorist statements/sentiments after they interviewed Des Cahill telling the Irish Army to join them.

Either way these small minded, overweight(unless the balaclava isn't very flattering!) and pathetically simple people wont succeed. I do think it is an insult for the media to release this video while the grave of a young man is barely covered 2 weeks.. a young man who had his future, his career and his life robbed from him by a shower of degenerate vermin who don't know the meaning of a hard days work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I can't f**king believe that man wasn't arrested along with a big bunch of the audience.

By not arresting them, the authorities give these "people" a legitimacy in their words and their actions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I can't f**king believe that man wasn't arrested along with a big bunch of the audience.

By not arresting them, the authorities give these "people" a legitimacy in their words and their actions.

By arresting them for giving a speech they make them heroes to their people.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭minkynuts

You only get those that were there. better track them afterwards and see who they associate with , you can catch more that way

Advertisement