Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing archery shot...WIN!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Aimbot! -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I'm calling bull**** on this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I dont care how asian the guy is, this has to be fake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

That shot is known as a Robin Hood. If it's common enough to have a name....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Rebel021 wrote: »
    I'm calling bull**** on this
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    I dont care how asian the guy is, this has to be fake!

why?

I've seen it done many times, I done it myself (although destroyed arrow as the were same size)

Used to happen 3 or 4 times a year in archery training in UCD that arrows embedded in the back of others, usually splitting them as they were generally the same size. Only seen the small one into a large one once

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

why?

I've seen it done many times, I done it myself (although destroyed arrow as the were same size)

Used to happen 3 or 4 times a year in archery training in UCD that arrows embedded in the back of others, usually splitting them as they were generally the same size. Only seen the small one into a large one once
    Super duper absolute retardely cool story.. Fake as cake my son

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

That shot is known as a Robin Hood. If it's common enough to have a name....

Named after a movie!

Make believe - reality = 2 different things

if this was real how come the camera behind the guy doesnt record the guy shooting the arrow and the arrow hitting the board in one shot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Named after a movie!

Make believe - reality = 2 different things

if this was real how come the camera behind the guy doesnt record the guy shooting the arrow and the arrow hitting the board in one shot?

http://archerytrickshots.blogspot.com/2010/05/robin-hood-shot.html and you can operate google yourself for images and videos of it I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't see why a skilled archer couldn't pull off this shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

shinanigans..........mythbusters proved this to be impossible......arrows bend while moving through air, you can see this clearly in the slow-mo, it would not be able to go directly into/split another arrow, it would shatter the first one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

daz801 wrote: »
    shinanigans..........mythbusters proved this to be impossible......arrows bend while moving through air, you can see this clearly in the slow-mo, it would not be able to go directly into/split another arrow, it would shatter the first one.
    Without commenting on the authenticity of this video, Mythbusters proved nothing. In any case, the Mythbusters episode used arrows of the same size which were solid. The arrows in this clip are different sizes and at least one is hollow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Sykk wrote: »
    Super duper absolute retardely cool story.. Fake as cake my son
    :rolleyes:
    maybe that video is fake, I dunno didn't watch it all but it's a perfectly doable situation to embed one arrow in the back of another.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=385
    ask the archery crowd here...

photo of two similar sized arrows embedded into each other
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54271357

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

"I can't do it so it must be fake"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Another robin hood moment.

Advertisement