Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

peoples views on combining smackdown and raw?????

Options
  • 23-04-2011 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

well guys im back watching wrestling week in week out for over a month now and have only been watching raw to be fair as dont have time to watch the two brands and no wrestlers on smackdown appeal to me much to be honest!

ive been thinking that maybe the draft is no longer a god idea really and in my opinion either of two things should be done

1.wwe roster reduced and keep smackdown and have same wrestlers appearing on each show like older times!

2.wwe roster reduced and axe smackdown and increase raw to 3 hours and have on once a week???

i just feel this as id rather have one really good show a week which i know wwe is concentrating on 100% thab 2 shows!

and the wwe roster is huge compared to attitude era and i just feel that having more superstars is no more of an advantage than having a smaller amount! also feel theres alot of pointless storylines aswell!

just my opinion guys maybe i find it too hard to let go of the attitude era and accept change just feel that the best wwe wrestlers in wwe are still atitude era stars so says something

e.g

the undertaker
    triple h
    kane
    big show
    edge-now gone i know
    to name a few

only megastars wwe has made since has been

cena, maybe orton,batista,lesnar that can claim the spotlight from atitude era stars!

im prob forgetting loads sorry:o:o

i just wonder when the attitude era legends go and cena goes who fills the gap as the main man???

just my thoughts guys im not saying im right or anything all views welcome:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Ideally the split would end but the money making side of things is what reigns supreme. The fact that a Raw and Smackdown tour can be done simultaneously means $$$ for Vince and Co

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

ya that all it is about like anything i guess sad though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

If there was only Raw it would be very hard for guys coming up to make an impact because the show would already be loaded with talent.

SD! has traditionally been the show where guys have gotten their big break down through the last few years(Cena,JBL,King Booker,Lashley,Edge,Eddie,Mysterio,Alberto Del Rio,Swagger etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

true it is a place where up and coming stars can shine and raw would be jam packed with big stars which would make it hard for new talent to break through but wrestlers careers in general are fairly long decade+ so not many new superstars per annum are needed to be fair!

the balance just isnt right in my opinion too much hapening and going on

but i suppose if i was a kid now and i looked back on attitude era id be like wtf??

same way i guess i look back at hogan era in wwf as too old and plain for me:) but least those days had dignity and i respect past wrestling but hard to respect some of the poop that is goin on in wwe today!

i respect what cena has done for wwe but before that tlc matches with hardyz dudleys etc was the last king era for me before that stone cold and rock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Too many talents to combine the two shows.
    1. They couldnt do two tours a year
    2. Lesser talent would be either dark matched or sacked
    3. Storylines last short enough as it is, they cant do two segments a week every time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've been against the abolotion of the draft since it began and I continue to maintain that stance.

The main thing for me is that some seem to believe it's the draft's fault that weaknesses occur in the brands. It's not the number of wres....eh, superstars on the roster thats causing the problem but a lack of focus in actually developing multiple characters at once. It's a problem with the writing that for one reason or another, they refuse to focus on more than a handful of characters and feuds at once, despite the fact it would be very easy to do so. Bad writing cannot be fixed by combining the brands. All that would do is make it even harder for new talents to shine through.

What WWE needs to do is focus on long term booking and avoid the last minute changes they seem so fond of...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

You might as well put a shotgun to the head of the company, 12gauge dave. Is twice as much Cena and Orton really a good idea when they are as overexposed as they already already are? You will burn out established stars quicker and half the chances of a new star breaking out of the pack.

That's even before you getting lost revenue from house shows, TV deals and licensing.

Advertisement