Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nuisance texts from LYIT SU

Options
  • 22-04-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone have a contact email for the Student Union?

I am an ex student and haven't been there in 2 years. I must have given my number out to them years ago, maybe 4 or 5 and I still receive annoying text messages from LYITSU, Orchard, Vibe, Pulse.

I am pretty sure the Student Union is responsible for this as I didn't give my numbers to all these clubs and I'm pretty sure there is law in place about passing my number on without permission and for still retaining my number.

Well if anyone can help it would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

Hi

Does anyone have a contact email for the Student Union?

I am an ex student and haven't been there in 2 years. I must have given my number out to them years ago, maybe 4 or 5 and I still receive annoying text messages from LYITSU, Orchard, Vibe, Pulse.

I am pretty sure the Student Union is responsible for this as I didn't give my numbers to all these clubs and I'm pretty sure there is law in place about passing my number on without permission and for still retaining my number.

Well if anyone can help it would be great.

Cheers

email paul mcdaid hes the entertainments guy so id say its him you need! the texts are such a pain dunno how they got all our numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Signing up for anything in the college that has to do with the SU involves your phone number is where they probably got it. Its probably in the small print that they can use it for advertising or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Signing up for anything in the college that has to do with the SU involves your phone number is where they probably got it. Its probably in the small print that they can use it for advertising or something.

it was a competition and there def was no small print on the entry form saying they could use it or give it to local pubs and clubs. Anyways we all had our numbers removed from the list took them a while but they eventually did it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭henke

GismoBaby wrote: »
    it was a competition and there def was no small print on the entry form saying they could use it or give it to local pubs and clubs. Anyways we all had our numbers removed from the list took them a while but they eventually did it!
    Thanks for your response. I emailed Paul McDaid anyway requesting to be removed so hopefully they will do now.

Advertisement