Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mat leave cover promoted

Options
  • 22-04-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

My wife is on maternity leave and has just been informed that her manager has been transferred and the person covering her maternity leave has been promoted and given her job - the job was not advertised at all and she was not even given the opportunity to apply for the role - does she have any rights??? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I've moved this thread here as there may be someone suited to answer the question.

Maybe contact NERA on Tuesday also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

NERA are an excellent suggestion but wont discuss maternity leave with you at all. its the equality authority you need to contact. very helpfull they are too:). heres the contact details.
    http://www.equality.ie/index.asp?locID=65&docID=-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

My wife is on maternity leave and has just been informed that her manager has been transferred and the person covering her maternity leave has been promoted and given her job - the job was not advertised at all and she was not even given the opportunity to apply for the role - does she have any rights??? Thanks

I'm not an expert on this.

However, your wife has the right to return to the same job or, if this is not possible, an equal job when she returns. She should also get any pay increases in line with other employees at the same level.

However, even if they advertised internally, your wife is on leave and would not even be able to fill the role if it was offered to her. Bad timing I guess.

Advertisement