Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cage Warriors 41 - 04/24/2011 Streamed Live - London

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

i think its on setanta ireland as well niall

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

I think more shows should do this. Streaming online opens the card to a worldwide fan base. Its really not a hard thing to do either. Id like to see more Irish domestic fights online these days for more exposure for the fighters. Even footage of fights that arnt live just posted up a few days later instead of show making a dvd and trying to cash in on it. Plus i havent seen an Irish fight in AGES!

im sure the next cw in cork end of may will be streamed live also and possible live on setanta ireland as far as i know

I hope so. Ive been wanting to see Greg and Tom fight for years now and id love to see it live. Ill just have to get up early and stream it on tinternet then!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

I think more shows should do this. Streaming online opens the card to a worldwide fan base. Its really not a hard thing to do either. Id like to see more Irish domestic fights online these days for more exposure for the fighters. Even footage of fights that arnt live just posted up a few days later instead of show making a dvd and trying to cash in on it. Plus i havent seen an Irish fight in AGES!
    Ya more of this kind of thing would be great for the sport, when i look at an irish mma card i simply dont know who most of the fighters are (even if they are great fighters!). The only way to know all of the fighters is to go to all of the shows.
    More footage would get the average irish mma fan more knowlege of the irish fighters which would lead to more people going to irish shows!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

was this the card cathal pendred was to fight on that had a thread about it a few weeks back , is that fight off , pity was going to be interesting to see how that went ?

cathal is fighting vlad malko may 28th in cork cage warriors 42

Niall0 wrote: »
    Ya more of this kind of thing would be great for the sport, when i look at an irish mma card i simply dont know who most of the fighters are (even if they are great fighters!). The only way to know all of the fighters is to go to all of the shows.
    More footage would get the average irish mma fan more knowlege of the irish fighters which would lead to more people going to irish shows!

Yeah thats what im sayin. I think they should be put up somewhere like youtube then a sticky on here to link to Promotions youtube channels would be cool.
    Incidently i found an old video on my phone of Jonny Shields fighting Tommy Egan in Belfast a few years ago in one of Gallo Robertos shows. If no-one from SBGi or IMMA has any objections ill stick it on tinternet and put it up here. Was a great stand up war!

live stream starts at 7 and its LIVE on Setanta Sports 1 at 9. irish interest in aisling daly and artem lobov of sbg. we know all about aisling and artem is a fine fighter, silky stand up skills and a few submission finishes on his record. lost a great fight to pat vickers of the mma clinic at cw in cork so will be looking to get back to winning ways tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭dasmoose

Awesome work by artem! Great fight, some cracker skills on display there. Good luck Ais! Really cool to be able to watch this live, nice one cagewarriors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Great KO there by Grimshaw!

That's a joke, the knee's did the damage and that guy is staying down over one or two shots to back of head. Ref didn't even warn before docking a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

SDTimeout wrote: »
    That's a joke, the knee's did the damage and that guy is staying down over one or two shots to back of head. Ref didn't even warn before docking a point.

Agreed! He must be pissed over that, other guy got lucky there

That's tough.. Gaff is normally a 145er and apparently dropped a good bit for this fight anyway. So she came up in weight i suppose by time of fight and noticed it in the clinch work.

Hard luck Ais, You'll come back better.

Good show, great fights. Artem lobov impressed. Look forward to cw in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

Any results?how did parke get on?

Advertisement