Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bird Spotting

Options
  • 21-04-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

I am looking for good spots for bird spotting on the east coast - preferably around Louth. I believe Baltray and Carlingford are good places to start?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭1squidge

Hi Thomas, Yes they are good areas however a lot of the wintering birds have left by now but you still get good numbers of waders especially at low tide. Clogherhead is a good area aswell as Oldbridge canal, Townley hall and Beaulieu wood. Hope that helps Ger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Anywhere along the coast starting at the head in Clogherhead and going north to Omeath is good. As already said, it's better in Winter. Dunany Point, and the harbour in Dundalk are worth visiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Thanks for your responses - I will take my binoculars and time my visits for low tide ;)

Advertisement