Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New OWASP Challenge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Got them all. How's everybody doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

dlofnep wrote: »
    Got them all. How's everybody doing?

Should number three load another page when you hit XSS me?
    I've tried the usual ways of making and alert box appear submitted as plain text and encoded in various ways but the page just sits there:confused: like nothing at all happens when you push the button

Number 2 was easy, I had a quick look at 1 but haven't got it yet

Redshift wrote: »
    I've tried the usual ways of making and alert box appear submitted as plain text and encoded in various ways but the page just sits there:confused: like nothing at all happens when you push the button

Number 2 was easy, I had a quick look at 1 but haven't got it yet

Its a bit of a silly challenge to be honest. I was stuck on that one. Challenge one is a bit badly described also.

Yes, it will confirm the challenge is compete after the alert box opens. It's actually straight forward. Try not to think too hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

Yes, it will confirm the challenge is compete after the alert box opens. It's actually straight forward. Try not to think too hard.

Can I keep testing this with alert(1) and then change it, or does every attempt have to include "Appsec2011 Rocks!".

In other words can I get an alert without "Appsec2011 Rocks!" in the post ?

*edit

The site still has http://www.appseceu.org/?s=900913 %3C%73%63%72%69%70%74%3E%61%6C%65%72%74%28%22%41%70%70%73%65%63%32%30%31%31%20%52%6F%63%6B%73%21%22%29%3B%3C%2F%73%63%72%69%70%74%3E

It has to contain that exact string for you to pass the challenge.

900913 wrote: »
    Can I keep testing this with alert(1) and then change it, or does every attempt have to include "Appsec2011 Rocks!".

In other words can I get an alert without "Appsec2011 Rocks!" in the post ?

Keep using Appsec2011 Rocks! as the challenge is a bit silly.

Just did it, It's not an XSS,
    It's an excat string, that will only work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hacknoob

Any hints for challenge # 1 ?
    I'm stuck :( I tried different methods like injection, view source, etc but no luck
    Any hints?

Cheers!

• Advertisement

I started on and gave up after challenge 3 when I realised the task wasn't giving true server responses.

hacknoob wrote: »
    Any hints for challenge # 1 ?
    I'm stuck :( I tried different methods like injection, view source, etc but no luck
    Any hints?

Cheers!

No injection involved. I might suggest that you view the source again, very carefully :)

I'm stuck too, I found the file with the list of emails but What do I do with it?
    the instructions are sloppy at best :(

..but how did you get past the login form? Is it related to those hidden input texts in the source?:cool:

nevermind. Got it figured out! :rolleyes:

I'm stuck too, I found the file with the list of emails but What do I do with it?
    the instructions are sloppy at best :(

They didn't explain it properly. I had the same problem.

Basically, you need to e-mail one of the people on that list. Send an e-mail with anything in the message body to the address of the person in question. If you read the challenge description, you should be able to figure out to who to e-mail.

They didn't explain it properly. I had the same problem.

Basically, you need to e-mail one of the people on that list. Send an e-mail with anything in the message body to the address of the person in question. If you read the challenge description, you should be able to figure out to who to e-mail.

Got it. Thanks;)

Second round of challenges are now up :)

Btw, a follow on from the XSS challenge. Once again, it's not real world XSS :(

Got it :) Took about 40 attempts from my XSS sheet. :\

Have all of the challenges done except 7, which I see what I have to do.. Shouldn't take long.

• Advertisement

Cool, got three of them done, challenge 7 has me scratching the head :/
    will have another look tomorrow. Pity about the XSS:( is it just string matching as opposed to an actual XSS? I dont really see the point if thats the case.

I'm pretty sure it's just string matching. I still haven't passed 7, but I'm pretty sure I'm doing the right thing. Just unsure as to why it's not working. Anyone who passes 7, let me know - as I want to ask a question to make sure I've the right solution.

How's everybody doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wylix

im starting to give it a try, but it stuck me at level 1
    any hint for me?

thx

Advertisement