Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wordpress help

Options
  • 21-04-2011 2:02pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

right i have my site up and i am using wordpress, i want to create a link to a flash gallery i have created,how do i upload it exactly, like is there a specific folder.

i just want to drop the folder, ie, music folder, inside the index for the gallery, so then i can just direct the link to the index and the gallery should pop up. i cant figure out where to drop the folder in my server and the url corresponding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

It depends on your server. Most likely you will have a folder called "public_html" You can ftp the folder up to that and then have a url like this "http://www.mydomain.com/flashgallery/filename"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Will move this over to the Design Forum.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ok found the folder, httpdocs it seems is my root

i have a folder called music

inside are all the files for gallery including index.html

when i try direct to www.xxx.com/music/index.html, it doesnt work.

any tips on what i'm doing wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

That didn't work for me either, no music or anything, just nude women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

ok found the folder, httpdocs it seems is my root
    It's possible wordpress is using a .htaccess file to redirect your site root to itself and its own folder. If you're sure you're in the right document root, then I'm thinking it has to be that.
    You could try downloading the .htaccess to see what it's doing, maybe write in some exception for what you're trying to do, or maybe work within what's already there and try putting your music folder inside /wordpress/. (?)

Unfortunately I'm not well up on .htaccess so I don't have any specific solutions, but it could be something to look at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

What does it do?
    Can you give us a link to the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Make sure that you don't have a WordPress Page with the same name as the folder where you have the flash gallery. I think that might be the problem

In terms of file structure:

/
    ++ wp-admin
    ++ wp-content
    ++ wp-include
    ++ music
    ++-- galleryindex.php
    ++-- gallery.swf
    - index.php
    - wp-config.php
    - wp-settings.php
    etc, etc