Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get HiVis L tabard?

Options
  • 21-04-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I need to get an HiVis L tabard for my test to wear while I ride without a full licence.

Where can I pick one up (Dublin) / order one?

Could I just get handy with a HiVis cycling vest, a 2euro L plate and a tube of superglue?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Oxford products do one, so any bike shop that does Oxford should have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

if you google LME motorcycles in dublin , they sell them on their site and the delivery is very quick or at least it was for me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

fleet wrote: »
    Hi ,

I need to get an HiVis L tabard for my test to wear while I ride without a full licence.

Could I just get handy with a HiVis cycling vest, a 2euro L plate and a tube of superglue?
    Are you doing a lesson before the test? Good chance you can borrow one from the instructor if you are.

Mate of mine forgot to get one. Landed out at the centre with no vest. Luckily the fella before him had passed the test and was happy to give him his vest. Wouldn't recommend trying that unless you're an equally jammy bastard.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hi ,

I'd say all the bike shops should have them by now.

Say some in Cotters last time I was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭gipi

fleet,
    Yes, you can do a "Blue Peter" on it and make your own! I had a regular hi-vis and stapled 2 L-plates to front and back! Worked a treat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Thanks lads (and ladies?),

I'll try LME, and Cotters.
    Else I'll whip out the ol' stapler as suggested.

I'm considering not doing lessons before the test, or perhaps just taking one.
    This is probably a bad idea now that I think of it!

I'm considering not doing lessons before the test, or perhaps just taking one.
    This is probably a bad idea now that I think of it!

I'd take at least 1 lesson before the test. How you ride normally isn't the "correct" way. Also on the lesson the instructor will know the route and where potential issues can arise.

You also won't have to buy a Tabard then:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭gipi

Fleet,

as Del said, it's a good idea to have at least one lesson (e.g. a pre-test lesson) before the test.

Given that tests now cost 85 euro (I think?), a 3 hr pre-test lesson costing 150 euro seems like a good investment (quite apart from the fact that training is always useful, test or no test).

G'luck!

Got the tabard delivered from LME this morning... it's HUGE (XL).

Not worth me returning it, but be warned. They don't mention the size on their website.

Cheers lads,

I'll book some lessons this weekend.

• Advertisement

Got the tabard delivered from LME this morning... it's HUGE (XL).

Better too big then too small when you've all the bike gear on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭FGR

Sorry for reviving a four month old thread but would anyone have an L-plate vest that they'd love to dispose of in an environmentally friendly way? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Sorry for reviving a four month old thread but would anyone have an L-plate vest that they'd love to dispose of in an environmentally friendly way? :)

I have one i thankfully don't need anymore :)

Collection only though. You're more than welcome to it, all i ask is that you pass it on again when finished with it.

I have it advertised on Biker.ie if you're a member there.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PaudyW

gipi wrote: »
    fleet,
    Yes, you can do a "Blue Peter" on it and make your own! I had a regular hi-vis and stapled 2 L-plates to front and back! Worked a treat!

did the same as that,worked a threat and cost nothing

Advertisement