Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starling eggs in the garden

Options
  • 21-04-2011 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Was out in the garden this morning and came across two pale blue eggs on the lawn in seperate locations. One was complete and the other was as is in the picture. There are starlings nesting in under the roof tiles on the kitchen ext, they get under were the tile meets the gutter. We have double roman tiles so there is a hump in the tile for them to squeeze under. Do starlings dump there eggs as I dont thing the gap at the entrance of the nest is big enought for a magpie etc to stick their head in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

I think it's quite common to find starling eggs on the ground but I have never found one. Maybe the hens gets caught out away from the nest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

We've had 6-8 starling nests in our roof for last 30 years and I've never found an egg. Do find one or two chicks on the lawn each year (usually dead or very close to it) but never an egg.

Advertisement