Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weigh-in ufc 130

Options
  • 21-04-2011 5:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey I'm going to vegas for ufc 130. First time going. What's the deal with the weigh in? U need a ticket for that or simply show up early for a seat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

nuclear wrote: »
    Hey I'm going to vegas for ufc 130. First time going. What's the deal with the weigh in? U need a ticket for that or simply show up early for a seat?

Weigh in's are usually free, just turn up

If you're in the Fight Club ya get early admission plus entry to a Q&A session which is normally pretty good

If you're not in the Fight Club maybe someone from here could email you the barcode to get you entry, i've not got the full membership or i'd do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nuclear

scudzilla wrote: »
    Weigh in's are usually free, just turn up

If you're in the Fight Club ya get early admission plus entry to a Q&A session which is normally pretty good

If you're not in the Fight Club maybe someone from here could email you the barcode to get you entry, i've not got the full membership or i'd do it

Thanks for that. Not a fight club member myself. I'll swing along anyway and try get in. Dunno if any truth in it but someone told me Joe Rogan usually does a stand up comedy gig after the weigh in is over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

nuclear wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Not a fight club member myself. I'll swing along anyway and try get in. Dunno if any truth in it but someone told me Joe Rogan usually does a stand up comedy gig after the weigh in is over

I have been to a few weigh-ins and Joe Rogan has never done a comedy gig after the weigh-ins, if anything Rogan can't wait to get out of there once the weigh-ins are done. 90% of the time Joe will have a gig on the NIGHT of the weigh-ins but you will have to pay for this. Last time I was in Vegas Joe did a gig in the House of blues (Mandalay Bay). There is nothing about a gig on the 27th. of May on Joe's website.

http://blog.joerogan.net/calendar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Yeah i think what we're saying is. Rogan almost always has a comedy gig on the friday before the UFC. It is not in the same venue as the weigh-ins or indeed related to it in anyway, except for the fact it's the same guy on the mic. I don't think he plugs any of his comedy stuff via his role as UFC commentator, weigh-in MC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

If he is doing a gig when you are there it's worth going, I seen him play in Dublin and I thought he was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nuclear

Yeah i think what we're saying is. Rogan almost always has a comedy gig on the friday before the UFC. It is not in the same venue as the weigh-ins or indeed related to it in anyway, except for the fact it's the same guy on the mic. I don't think he plugs any of his comedy stuff via his role as UFC commentator, weigh-in MC.

ha yea that would sound about right. big country would be in for a pounding otherwise.

Advertisement