Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar teacher wanted for next academic year in DCU

Options
  • 21-04-2011 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi there,
    My name is Seán Dardis and I'm current first year rep and future events officer of the Music Society here in DCU. In an effort to have things sorted well in advance, I want to find guitar teachers who would be interested in doing guitar lessons for the Music Society here in the coming academic year of 2011/2012. Here are the conditions

1) The teacher must have previous experience, preferably a professional teacher.

2) The teacher must expect a class of 7-10 people per hour, and there could be 2 hours of lessons, one in a row, all depending on how many people sign up. Basically, 40 euro per person for 8 weeks of lessons.

3) The guitar teacher must be suitably qualified. Ultimately I will decide how suitable is suitable and deal with it on a case-by-case basis but I will expect good credentials. I have been playing guitar since I was a wee lad, so I do know what good credentials are.

4) The guitar teacher should expect the people involved to pay no less than in-around 5 euro an hour per person, so considering the class sizes that's not too bad. There will most likely be extra funding given by our governing body of societies for the lessons as well, but it's not a certainty whether we will or how much we will get as funding requests for next academic year can't be processed until that year being, but most likely we would get subsidies for it.

5) You will be teaching lessons to beginners. There may be an advanced class but that really isn't likely at all, as many of the people who sign up and are interested in lessons are either first years or exchange students.

6) The teacher must be easily contactable when the time comes. I had a bad experience organizing lessons this semester because I couldn't reach the teacher.

7) The job will be given on a semester-by-semester basis. Once the first semester is up and there are enough people who took the lessons who are interested in taking their guitar education further, then you may be asked to do a more advanced lesson for those who did the lessons to begin with.

8) The lessons will be held on a Wednesday most likely, and quite early in the day too, because most of us have a half day on Wednesdays and this is the main time that students get to indulge in their extra-curricular activities. The exact time and date of the lessons will be confirmed once the academic year starts and I can begin my duties.

I will have more details as they become relevant, but for the moment I would like to take the names and numbers of those who would be willing to do the job, and I want to make sure things are prepared for the next academic year as to avoid undue pressure on myself or any other member of the committee. Feel free to private message me if you have any queries.

Regards,
    Seán Dardis

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Hi there. We don't allow adverts looking for teachers on this section. If you wish to post, please post on our sister site adverts.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement