Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a blogger

Options
  • 20-04-2011 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hey,

I am looking for an intelligent WWE fan to be a blogger on my new blog site. It will be just be a blog or two a week. I will have upto 4 other bloggers doing this as-well. You don't have to be a blogger, just so you can write an article or two about WWE that week or something that happened in it.

So if anyone is interested please say so by PM or here or if want to know more info say in thread please.

I have a sample blog up but it won't actually start until next week or two.

http://rayswweviews.wordpress.com/

Thanks, Raymond.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The word "blog" is used waaaay too many times there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Raytoe

So? Im confused, what did you mean by that? Its off putting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Blog.

So none interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I'm a blogger.
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Blog be your blog.

Sorry ray, I too am a slave to trends! honestly tho there was blog ask-around recently on boards and it wasn't taken up well. I think people here in general aren't interested in blogging, just replying to certain things at our leisure... :o

honestly i don't think u'll get many bites here. there's a much healthier blogger blog community on twfnews.com u might get a few from there? worth a gander anyway

best of luck with the site

Thanks, help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Too many blogs if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I agree with DB, there are too many "Review" blogs out there. (And I'm not just saying this to put you off.)

Make the blog different from every other one out there, I can get WWE related blogs anywhere, there are hundreds of them. Thats why my blog (Despite it not been updated for awhile, work has increaed ten fold since the collection of Census forms and I don't even have the time to open my email and update the site. Second May 9th comes around that site gets my 100% attention) mostly focuses on Irish events, because there is very little out there for it. We have alot of WWE content too but the Irish stuff helps us stand out.

Feck it im making a blog on wrestling.
    Weekly ramblings in a condensed 'news' type i think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

May as well post this here...I've been considering creating a new web series called "Dirtsheet Dave" whereby I mix the absurd "true" stories with a variety of made up ones. Like a 4 minute comedy report of the news of the week, as well as answering questions in a ridiculous manner, all the while playing it straight and pretending its 100% serious. Do people think there'd be a market online for that sort of video? Just when the subject of "do something different" is being discussed...

May as well post this here...I've been considering creating a new web series called "Dirtsheet Dave" whereby I mix the absurd "true" stories with a variety of made up ones. Like a 4 minute comedy report of the news of the week, as well as answering questions in a ridiculous manner, all the while playing it straight and pretending its 100% serious. Do people think there'd be a market online for that sort of video? Just when the subject of "do something different" is being discussed...

In a wrestling news sense or anything?

Wrestling.

Mostly it would be a play on the fact most Dirtsheets pull stories out of their asses and try and pass them off as fact...

Wrestling.

Mostly it would be a play on the fact most Dirtsheets pull stories out of their asses and try and pass them off as fact...

PLEASE POST.....I MUST SEE THIS!

Wrestling.

It could work, it could work very well as long as the jokes were fairly funny and not 100% over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

If i was paid to do it i would.... otherwise no.

Degag wrote: »
    If i was paid to do it i would.... otherwise no.

Well i am not making any money from it or investing anytime soon.

I always like to ask people what will make their blogs different because they obviously set up a blog so that people will read it. By all means if you want a blog set one up but if you want a good few people to read it you should have something that makes your blog different.

PWTorch beat you to the idea of making fun of dirtsheets a while a ago.
    http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/pwpotato/cat_index_96.shtml
    BROKEN NEWS: WWE CANCELS ALL FUTURE WRESTLEMANIAS, BANS WRESTLING FANS FROM SUPPORTING PRODUCT

Vince McMahon announced today additional business initiatives that he believes won't necessarily help profitability, but will shed him and his family of the perpetual shame they feel for being seen as making their fortune off of the "pro wrestling business."

McMahon not only changed the name of the company from World Wrestling Entertainment to WWE, as announced earlier today, but he also canceled all future WrestleManias and has banned self-identified "pro wrestling fans" from all WWE events.

"From now on, members of the WWE Universe must sign a pledge before entering any WWE live events that vows that they recognize that they are 'sports entertainment fans' and part of the 'WWE Universe' but not 'fans of wrestling,'" stated WWE in its latest press release. "Any person attempting to enter a live event without taking the oath and answering the questions the proper way and disavowing being a 'pro wrestling fan' will be turned away at the door. Refunds will not be offered.

"We also will be sending covert operatives into arenas to converse with fans, trying to find out if anyone lied when questioned at the entrance. Our covert operatives will ask questions such as, 'Isn't this pro wrestling show great!' or 'Who is your favorite wrestler?' If the fan answers this trick question incorrectly, we have private security guards on hand ready to throw them out. We will likely prosecute fans at the beginning for perjury, since they signed an oath before entering the arena and were admitted under false pretense if they lied."

Vince McMahon also canceled all future WrestleManias. The late-March/early-April PPV supershows will be rechristened, and currently there is a marketing firm polling fans on whether they like the name "WWEMania," WeeeeeMania," "SportsEntertainmentMania," "World Mania," or simply "Mania."

A WWE source tells us that originally "NotWrestleMania" was on the list, but it was scratched, as was "WWEstleMania."

WWE is also working with cable companies to root out any pro wrestling fans from purchasing their PPVs or having access to USA Network on Monday nights. "We have a survey we're sending out to our customers making sure that those who consider WWE to be 'pro wrestling' will be blocked from viewing our product until they disavow themselves of such an identity.

WWE will also be blurring out or bleeping all past references to the world "wrestle" and "wrestling" and "pro wrestling" on all archive footage including all future DVDs. All past DVDs will be recalled from customers and replaced with properly censored versions, at great expense, but Vince McMahon believes it will be worth it.

Says McMahon: "Now when people turn on USA Network and see WWE Raw consisting of muscular men in tights and boots having simulated fights that include moves often over the course of human history referred to as 'wrestling moves,' inside a raised ring with ropes that has for over 100 years been referred to as a 'pro wrestling ring,' and which is still used on non-WWE live events under the term 'pro wrestling,' our fans will recognize that what they are seeing is Sports Entertainment and definitely not Pro Wrestling. We believe this will turn around sagging pay-per-view buyrates and solve all of our problems with developing future main event draws and all of our storyline gaps and lame comedy skits.

"This also should clear the way for Linda McMahon to be elected to the Senate," Vince concluded.

This is a good one...
    BROKEN NEWS: HOMICIDE JOINS WWE AND CHANGES NAME TO JAY WALKER

Mar 28, 2011 - 1:22:03 PM

BY MATT DANSIE, PWPOTATO REPORTER

Indy mega-star and TNA veteran Homicide, at age 34, has signed his first WWE contract. Many of his fans are disappointed that he "sold out," but Homicide reported on Twitter that he was looking for a more stable road schedule and a steady income. He also was pleased with Daniel Bryan's push and has high hopes for Tyler Reks, too.

"We're very excited to have Homicide on board," WWE's spokesperson Michelle Longround. "Of course he’ll have to change his name for PG purposes. We have settled on his new name being 'Jay Walker' primarily so he can still keep his important street cred."

The name of his finishing move, the Cop Killer, will have to go for the obvious reasons. One PWPotato sources say "Loitering with Intent" is the leading contender. "Idling Longer Than Five Minutes at Baggage Claim" was considered too clunky. ILTFMBC was considered a catchy acronym, but during practice sessions, Booker T stumbled over it.

Already one enthusiastic creative team member is pushing for a feud between John Cena and Jay Walker over who is more "street tough." JTG has suggested a PPV match where the the winner gets the "Worst Stereotype Trophy."

UPDATE: Jay Lethal has also been signed by WWE. His name will be Jay Legal. He and Homicide will form a tag team.

• Advertisement

PWTorch beat you to the idea of making fun of dirtsheets a while a ago.
    http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/pwpotato/cat_index_96.shtml

Well, yeah, I never meant to lead people to believe it was some wonderfully original idea. There's few original ideas in the wrestling world nowadays. Just ask TNA....

An idea doesn't have to be original to be well executed. Shakespeare adapted many works for his plays, doesn't mean they were not excellent. Wrestling is no different. I've actually been thinking recently that the current WWE writers should be made watch WCW and WWF TV shows from 96-2001 to see what exciting, unpredictable wrestling shows look like.

Anyway, was just saying there are similar ideas out there on websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Raytoe wrote: »
    Well i am not making any money from it or investing anytime soon.
    So why are you doing it? What will make you better than the Observer?

I'm not getting at you or anything, just wondering what motivates people to do things like this.

Degag wrote: »
    So why are you doing it? What will make you better than the Observer?

I'm not getting at you or anything, just wondering what motivates people to do things like this.

You don't have to make money to do something, but i do hope in the future that i can make money from blogs. It's for fun also.

Raytoe wrote: »
    You don't have to make money to do something, but i do hope in the future that i can make money from blogs. It's for fun also.

May i suggest not using a wordpress blog then.
    Or at least buying your own domain name and using that as the Url to the wordpress page?

Eh......people do things for free because they love doing it. Every wrestling podcast, blog and post that isn't from paysite WON/F4W is done out of love for wrestling.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Eh......people do things for free because they love doing it. .

Of course, look at the Irish Indy scene

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Eh......people do things for free because they love doing it. Every wrestling podcast, blog and post that isn't from paysite WON/F4W is done out of love for wrestling.

I turn Boards into my personal wrestling blog!

CMpunked wrote: »
    Of course, look at the Irish Indy scene

Ouch!

Also just for the record we didn't necessarily make millions off the Boards podcast.

• Advertisement

Ouch!

Also just for the record we didn't necessarily make millions off the Boards podcast.

Don't get me wrong divil, I didn't mean any disrespect, I was just saying that I know exactly what Jay means by doing something purely for the love of it.
    It's why I respect anyone who goes into a cold gym to get thrown around a hard ring for hours and not even come our with a cent in the end, and in fact have paid for the privilege to be there.

Advertisement