Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

twait shad st mullins co carlow

Options
  • 20-04-2011 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

hi a few twait shad showing up with the big tides i had 3 specimens between 1.16 to 1.24 kg in 2 trips down the are a week early this year but being honest the are no big numbers the tides for the first of may will suit fishing a lot better ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

planning on getting down myself in the next week or so theyre a great fighting fish, going to bring the fly rod too if they are there in numbers, I'd say they would be great fun on the fly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

Plan to be down over the May Bank Holiday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

Shad on the fly??

or were you spinning..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Shad on the fly??

or were you spinning..

Most people spin with a Blue and silver/Black Tazzie,

I'd love to get one on the fly though id say they would put up a great fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rocketman3

well styer what date dose the competition start for the shad in st mullins?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

rocketman3 wrote: »
    well styer what date dose the competition start for the shad in st mullins?
    sunday 1 of may comp is on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

Shad on the fly??

or were you spinning..
    caught on spinner not great water to flyfish on as it very dirty on rising tide as it just back up worth a try from a boat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

was bream fishing last weekend but had to try for one of these guys.. got one around a lb on my ugly stick lite... great little battler.. My first one ever and he gave my a good little knick from his belly spike to remember him by.

Advertisement