Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to the UK

Options
  • 20-04-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Ok people this is a bit complicated but try keep up :-) I'm a truck driver, born and bred in Ireland and married to an English girl and we are moving to the south west of England, now I work for a large transport company who are based in NI but have depots in Liverpool and Dublin, I work in the Dublin depot and get paid in euros. I spend alot of my time travelling between the uk and Ireland so therefore do not have to change jobs, I have spoken to them and they are being very helpful with everything, however here is my dilema

I want to keep getting paid in euro as it would work out better with the exchange rate than getting paid in sterling, however I want to pay my taxes in the uk as they pay slightly less tax than us but mainly because I'm afraid that if god forbid I loose my job that, the irish will say I'm not entitled to anything because I don't live there(rightly so) and the uk will tell me I never paid taxes there(rightly so). Also how do I become a uk resident? I need to become a resident to avail of health services etc.. and also I would maybe like to join the civil service one day but will have to be resident for 3 years in the uk to do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't find any info on this anywhere cheers folks

Advertisement