Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motor racing during recession

Options
  • 20-04-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

There was a post on a forum last year about a possible race series for FIAT seicento/cinquecento sporting models,I got on to the people involved about it and got the information required about it,however haven't heard anything since.I honestly think that the Toyota Aygo is a more suitable model for such a series,parts for them are fairly cheap and panels etc are very easy to fit being held on with just a couple of bolts.They were used for the football game on top gear and Ben Collins(Stig) said they were great fun to drive and held up well to abuse.I wonder if I got a model and brought it to mondello for a days testing and found it to be suitable would there be much interest in such a series.Your comments would be much appreciated. I think it would be a great entry level motorsport in the present climate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Look up the Cento Challenge. Don't think you're going to find any cheaper motorsport at the moment. They have a deal worked out with Murray Motorsport as well for all the stuff needed to convert road going cinquento to race prepped (seat, harness, cage, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

And here a bargain starter car

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2337424

Advertisement