Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entitled money even though I'm quitting? More inside

Options
  • 20-04-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So anyway I took this job off a friend since he was leaving to go home for the summer in a restaurant in Dublin, working as a waiter. I was there for 3 weekends worked 6 days and I've decided to leave it due to the working enviorment being completely unbareable.

Even now as I plan to ring them in 20 mins to tell them I quit I still haven't been told what my wages are or when I'm going to get paid, so it's pretty safe to say I don't expect to get paid.

However I have worked there 6 days, on 9-10 hour shifts, and I know under the Payment of Wages Act 1991 I am entitled to be paid but I'm unsure if this is the case if I leave the job.

I should also note that no one in the place is registered for tax or gets a pay slip, both legal requirments for employers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You should still get paid, even if you don't work notice.

If you don't get paid or if yo want to any way you could just go to your local tax office and tell them none of the employees are paying cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

So anyway I took this job off a friend since he was leaving to go home for the summer in a restaurant in Dublin, working as a waiter. I was there for 3 weekends worked 6 days and I've decided to leave it due to the working enviorment being completely unbareable.

Even now as I plan to ring them in 20 mins to tell them I quit I still haven't been told what my wages are or when I'm going to get paid, so it's pretty safe to say I don't expect to get paid.

However I have worked there 6 days, on 9-10 hour shifts, and I know under the Payment of Wages Act 1991 I am entitled to be paid but I'm unsure if this is the case if I leave the job.

I should also note that no one in the place is registered for tax or gets a pay slip, both legal requirments for employers.
    there is a link at the bottom of this webpage to a labour inspectorate complaint form
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/enforcement_and_redress/national_employment_rights_authority.html
    download it, fill it up and send it in immediately. feel free to add more info on a separate page. you are entitled to be paid, but its not possible for you to complain to the LRC under the payment of wages act, because your not in employment there for at least a year.:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Magi11

Also, as you worked less than 13 weeks you don't have to give or be given any notice

Advertisement