Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash problem: favour to ask

Options
  • 20-04-2011 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has Flash kicking about, if they wouldn't mind loading the attached .fla? I have Flash 8 and it's not loading for me giving me a "Failed to open document". I'm wondering if it's me, or the file. And if it's me, if it opens for you, can you see if you can save as Flash 8 or an earlier version if that's possible?

Thanks for any help :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Well the fla is opening in CS5 here but when I try to export the .swf, it can't load an XML file.

Is that further than you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah! No, I can't even open it :/ Can you save the .fla file again as another file, and preferably as a Flash 8 file? What 'save as' options/versions do you have?

Can only save as a CS4 if that's any use?

Probably not, but would really appreciate if you did just in case :o (who knows, maybe someone has CS4 and they can downsize too!)

If you can, you'll need to save into zip to upload.

There we go. Happy to help!

• Advertisement

Dude, cheers :) Doesn't work in Flash 8 for me, but here's hoping someone else can open and save as an earlier format.

You rock, cheers mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

attached, flash 8 vers

14125_Shocked_Face_3CC.jpg

WOW, thank you Placebo, and im..Lost! Woohoo!

You guys rock, I hope I can return the favour somehow to you in the future :)

Just out of curiosity, Placebo, did you open the CS4 version or CS5 and resave it as an older version?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i have cs3 and cs4.
    i opened it with cs3. I actually gotten around to using cs4 properly, never got the time :(. Not sure if theres many feasibly features that would require me to transition over. I dont really use it for animation that much, so puppet/bone tool not much use to me...yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement