Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen HTC Hero

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I can't help, I'm afraid, but that thread you were following is pretty old. I would recommend you post your question here, and you will more likely get some help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gallows Owl

Zagato wrote: »
    I can't help, I'm afraid, but that thread you were following is pretty old. I would recommend you post your question here, and you will more likely get some help ;)
    Thanks Zagata. I have registered with xda developers but do seem to be able to post on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I see you sorted that posting problem out

Zagato wrote: »
    I see you sorted that posting problem out
    Yeah but unfortunately no reply as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I innocently accepted an update ota and now my Hero is frozen. Have tried the fix given at http:// http://htcpedia.com/forum/htc-hero/3150-htc-hero-freezing-during-start-up.html#post71819

Problem is I cannot locate the file ROM.zip. I downloaded the software onto a pc running on Windows 7 and also onto a pc running on XP. Prior to this Hero was running fine on Firmware 2.1 having upgraded sometime ago from 1.5
    Any ideas?

I had the exact same problem. I eventually caved in and bought a new phone. It seems to be quite a widespread problem and it looks like HTC have bricked a huge number of phones with this update.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. I am considering my options. Mind you it hardly seems fair that there is no comeback from htc when a phone gets bricked while availing of an offered update. Desire S is high on my wish list

Advertisement