Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub €100 Android Tablet?

Options
  • 20-04-2011 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

I know its a fairly long shot, but I've got an almost 9 year old nephew who's heart is set on getting a tablet for his birthday, but his mothers bodget is only about 100 quid.
    Is there any such thing as a 100 euro android tablet or am I wasting my time even looking for one?
    I did find a couple on Amazon but none of the shops will ship to Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

jimoc wrote: »
    I know its a fairly long shot, but I've got an almost 9 year old nephew who's heart is set on getting a tablet for his birthday, but his mothers bodget is only about 100 quid.
    Is there any such thing as a 100 euro android tablet or am I wasting my time even looking for one?
    I did find a couple on Amazon but none of the shops will ship to Ireland.

http://www.kogan.co.uk/shop/7-inch-tablet-pc-android/

~110e delivered to Ireland but it dispatches on the 27th of May so you would have to wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭fergalom

Hi,

I have a 7" Wits A81E which I've never used and would be willing to part with.

Have original box and items etc. It's in perfect condition

Here is a link to the details

http://www.gadgetfreakz.co.uk/wits-a81e-7-inch-android-2-2-cortex-a8-tablet-pc-flash-10-1-gps-wifi-bluetooth.html

Based in Dublin and its readily available. Get in touch if interested.

Fergal

There are plenty 7" tablets out there if you google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Thanks for the info guys.

I'd love to get him the Kogan one but his birthday is in a week so I settled on
    http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_02PC/04_TABLET/productdetails/80002091/Yarvik_7_Tablet_TAB210_4_GB/TAB210/default.aspx

Seems to fulfil his requirements so we'll just see how it goes when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

http://www.kogan.co.uk/shop/7-inch-tablet-pc-android/

~110e delivered to Ireland but it dispatches on the 27th of May so you would have to wait for it.
    They have moved the dispatch date to 3 june I would be interested in this if it's any good. I suppose for that money you can't go wrong one more thing is the capactive screen the best type to get . Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm really curious to see what kind of tablet they can produce with a capacitive touchscreen for 100 euros.

• Advertisement

I'm really curious to see what kind of tablet they can produce with a capacitive touchscreen for 100 euros.

I ordered one so will post when it eventually arrives. It seems good spec and has a samsung a8 cpu but they probably got that cheap as i think samsung are using a new dual core cpu now ?. Even if it isn't the best screen it looks like its still a good deal considering the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

Really tempted to get one of these for traveling rather than lugging the laptop around with me-it looks pretty decent but-

thecornflake-do you reckon the hardware will support the OS? im just concerned its gonna be mad laggy when i turn it on!?

plus, abstract question but i know the samsung galaxy cant do video calling on skype! wonder if this is the same! the camera is grand at 1.3MP but not much use to me if i cant do video calls!?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I saw the first experimental Skype video package doing the rounds recently. I haven't tested it on my android tablet yet though. Officially, Skype does not support video on android, although other programs like ooVoo do.

aliocroc wrote: »
    Really tempted to get one of these for traveling rather than lugging the laptop around with me-it looks pretty decent but-

thecornflake-do you reckon the hardware will support the OS? im just concerned its gonna be mad laggy when i turn it on!?

plus, abstract question but i know the samsung galaxy cant do video calling on skype! wonder if this is the same! the camera is grand at 1.3MP but not much use to me if i cant do video calls!?

Na, I wouldn't worry too much about it. 512 RAM and a decent CPU seems like it can handle most things. Just make sure you have a spare memory card for storing your stuff as i think the internal memory is only 4Gb or so.

Don't know about the video calling, i never do it as even on desktops it can be a poor experience (not that I've tried it in a while).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Im interested too, sadly the shot on that website seems to be a mspaint job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement