Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer fitting

Options
  • 19-04-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭

Just seeking any smart ideas, I'm trying to fit a mounting for a cycle computer designed to go on the cross bar onto the stem but no joy, any ideas before I hit the wine and find glue!!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

what computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Lidl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Without a photo of said mount, I would say it'd have to be either cable ties, duct tape or glue (or all three :D).

Cable ties are not an option at the direction I going for, tape just aint an option and I've hit the vino so will be looking for glue soon enough. Nothing fits this Fu&%ing bike, cruds, lights, computer...... back to the flat bar tourer if things dont start coming together...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

It's hard to know what the issue is but if it is that the diameter of the stem is smaller than the mount allows for you could put a piece of foam pipe insulation around the stem first. People will claim that it looks horrible but as any boy racer with a large carry-handle/spoiler on the back of his car, or white alloys, knows, people say that just 'cos they are jealous and they envy you really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Sounds like you want to change the orientation of the mount as well.
    A little bit of http://sugru.com/ might be to your advantage, between
    the current mound hardware and the stem.
    You should also be able to engineer holders for cable ties as well if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 shishapangma

The Lidl crivit computer mount can be twisted to fit stem or handle bars if thats what the issue is

Thanks all...Sorted

minoura-swing-grip-extension-bracket-90mm.jpg?1227117414

Advertisement