Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galmac Query

Options
  • 19-04-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I sent my ipod touch 4th Gen off to apple recently and just got it back yesterday to find that they hadn't fixed the issue with it at all. So today I dropped it up to Galmac and they said they can fix it or replace it free of charge as it is still under warranty. (Thankfully)

But I am just wondering have any of you ever had dealings with Galmac before?? When and IF they replace an ipod is it a new factory sealed ipod they give you or a refurbished one?? It makes absolutely no difference to me as I actually think a refurb is much better as you KNOW it has been fully tested! Just wondering do they do refurbs or just give you a "new" ipod.

Any info would be much appreciated!

Galwaylad :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I was in there last year with a mate who brought in his faulty iPod 5th Gen he bought from a vending machine in Vegas. They checked the serial number told him they would replace it and did with a brand new one 24 hours later. They just rang him and told him to come and collect.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭galwaylad

I was in there last year with a mate who brought in his faulty iPod 5th Gen he bought from a vending machine in Vegas. They checked the serial number told him they would replace it and did with a brand new one 24 hours later. They just rang him and told him to come and collect.

Cool, thanks a million for the reply Gadget Man. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon.

Advertisement