Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Rock Hell V

Options
  • 19-04-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭

The fifth installment of the Hard Rock Hell series takes place Dec 1st-4th in Prestatyn, North Wales (2hrs on ferry, 60 mins on train from Dublin)

Line up so far is

Ace Frehley (Headlining Sat Night, 90 min set, 1978 solo album in entirity plus Kiss classics)
    Magnum
    Therapy?
    The Quireboys
    Wolfsbane
    Tyketto
    Reckless Love
    Girlschool
    Tygers of Pan Tang
    Praying Mantis
    Raven
    Witchfynde
    Black Spiders
    Bonafide
    Little Caeser
    Dan Baird Network (Georgia Satellites)

Most of the top acts still to be announced

www.hardrockhell.com

I'll be driving over from Dublin so if anybody wants a lift i got space for 2, just share ferry costs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Takes place on a Holiday Camp, great atmosphere, and cheap beer

Few pics from last year

IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

scudzilla wrote: »
    Ace Frehley (Headlining Sat Night, 90 min set, 1978 solo album in entirity plus Kiss classics)

:eek: That would be ****in cool to see :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Way cool festival, line ups are a bit hit and miss but for what you pay it's a great weekend. It being where it is, is handy enough for getting the ferry from Ireland too.

Way cool festival, line ups are a bit hit and miss but for what you pay it's a great weekend. It being where it is, is handy enough for getting the ferry from Ireland too.

Would agree for HRH 1 & 2 but 3 & 4 were awesome line ups, 3 had WASP, Monster Magnet, Terrorvision, Queensryche. 4 had Helloween, MSG, Airbourne, UFC, Uriah Heep.

Over 60 bands, 3 stages, can't go wrong wit the great atmosphere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

scudzilla wrote: »
    Would agree for HRH 1 & 2 but 3 & 4 were awesome line ups, 3 had WASP, Monster Magnet, Terrorvision, Queensryche. 4 had Helloween, MSG, Airbourne, UFC, Uriah Heep.

Over 60 bands, 3 stages, can't go wrong wit the great atmosphere

Oh okay i might have been mixing it up with Hammerfest, they're all the same. Do they still do the one in Ibiza?

• Advertisement

Oh okay i might have been mixing it up with Hammerfest, they're all the same. Do they still do the one in Ibiza?

Yeah, Hard Rock road trip, i'd consider that...if it wasn't Ibiza

More bands added

Black Stone Cherry
    Voodoo Six
    Million Dollar Reload
    Voodoo Johnson

Another headliner is due to be added soon and quite a few of the main stage acts still to come :D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully that means BSC will pop over here for a gig

Airbourne did last year, played The Olympia 2 das after HRH.

If they don't why not come over to HRH? We got 2 places left in the car

Orange Goblin just been added

Line up for this is now finalised

Thursday

Girlschool
    Tygers of Pan Tang
    Simon McBride
    Praying Mantis
    Demon
    SilverJet
    Kontraband
    Cardinal Synne

Friday

Magnum
    The Wildhearts :D:D:D
    Therapy?
    Lizzy Borden
    The Treatment
    Wolfsbane
    Sahg
    Airrace
    Pallas
    Voodoo Johnson
    Voodoo Six
    Anzi Destruction
    Bonafide
    Kobra and the Lotus
    Vier
    Vega
    Exit

Saturday

Ace Frehley
    Black Stone Cherry
    Michael Monroe
    The Quireboys
    Huron
    Orange Goblin
    Tyketto
    Reckless Love
    Crash Diet
    Black Spiders
    Witchfynde
    Bronz
    Agincourt
    Dealer
    Hammerhead
    Little Caeser
    Dan Baird Network
    Hellfighter
    The Rocket Dolls

There's also about 3/4 more to be announced, not major names though

Line up filled up quite nicely, one of the best run festivals i've ever been to.

Edit : Just been informed that it's a solo Ginger show with 'special guests', apparently for some sort of legal reasons they can't call it a 'Wildhearts' show

• Advertisement

Just announced a Whelans show for 1st Dec ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The temptation would be there, from me anyway, to go to this just to hear Ace sing 'Back In The New York Groove' and see how that place will explode when he plays that song....:D

The temptation would be there, from me anyway, to go to this just to hear Ace sing 'Back In The New York Groove' and see how that place will explode when he plays that song....:D

So come then, it honestly is a fcukin cool festival, so laid back and cheap (3quid a pint cheap;))

I've just won a return ferry trip over to Holyhead for car & 4 passengers wit Nova :D:D

I'll be using this to go over for HRH, as there's only my wife and I going there's room for 2 more, FREE of charge, just €20 towards petrol.

Just heard that Ace Frehley has pulled out, 5 days before he was due to headline, bust his wrist or some crap.

Not arsed really though as it just means Black Stone Cherry will probably headline.

The organisors are also looking at bringing in another 'available and inthe country' band, 2 names are favourites, Alter Bridge and Motley Crue!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

My Lord, Pontins Prestatyn, summer of 1988! My first holiday listening to "Appetite for Destruction" on my Walkman!

Never knew a rock festival would be played there!

dcr22B wrote: »
    My Lord, Pontins Prestatyn, summer of 1988! My first holiday listening to "Appetite for Destruction" on my Walkman!

Never knew a rock festival would be played there!

Yeah, I been to loads of festivals since '85 and this is probably the best organised I've ever been to.

There's 2, Hard Rock Hell (more older rock/metal) is in December and Hammerfest is in March.
    For next March's Hammerfest Anthrax, Skindred, Paradise Lost and shed loads more have been confirmed, check our the websites.

Cheap enough to get to from Dublin and nothing like bein able to return to yer chalet at 5pm for a crap, food and more

Advertisement