Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike Fishing

Options
  • 19-04-2011 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Is there anywhere around fermoy in cork where you can fish on the Blackwater for pike without the threat of getting shot by these salmon anglers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

thefinner wrote: »
    Is there anywhere around fermoy in cork where you can fish on the Blackwater for pike without the threat of getting shot by these salmon anglers

Would fishing with dead bait not keep everyone happy?
    As a dedicated Pike angler maybe you could join one of the clubs on this basis for a reduced fee?
    Would this be a runner?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Are there even any pike in the Blackwater? I wasn't aware that there were...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

There are some pike in the Blackwater, how many is another story though. Plenty of dace, perch, and roach in the Fermoy stretch to keep pike happy.

If you are looking to fish for pike in Cork, maybe go a bit further down than Fermoy and head down towards the Macroom neck of the woods where you can fish Lough Allua and Inchigeelagh Lough or Inniscarra Lake. Some massive pike to be caught there. Plenty of fish of 20lbs and above, with some 30lbs+ fish there as well. Some great lakes in that neck of the woods, and if you decide to look for bream, roach, rudd, perch etc., then there are some big fish to be found there as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭thefinner

Thanks Kess73. I fish Lough Aulla and Inchigellagh quite a bit and your right some great sport to be had there and good on the fly for pike as well. From locals in fermoy there are quite a few pike in the blackwater but no one fishes for them. I'll contact one of the clubs and ask them

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭thefinner

Bizzum wrote: »
    Would fishing with dead bait not keep everyone happy?
    As a dedicated Pike angler maybe you could join one of the clubs on this basis for a reduced fee?
    Would this be a runner?

Thanks I'll look into it. Won't hold out hope though.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement