Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name the artist... (please!)

Options
  • 19-04-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm trying to find the name of an artist so I can buy some of their music and I'm really hoping that someone here can help me name them with the (limited) information I have!

Here it is -
    It's a female artist and she's American, in maybe her 20s or 30s.
    She's got a quite sweet voice, and the music is slightly folky, but has very dark content.
    She's got a song about a family after the tsunami in Thailand and other stuff covers her background of depression and horrible things happening to her - so the lyrics are a dark, but the music is really light and sweet - you could imagine children liking it.

She sings by herself with a guitar. There might be some accompanyment, but she's a solo artist.
    She has a few albums out - the inside cover of one has lots of photos of her and her friends on the inside.

And that's all I can remember :/
    An ex-boyfriend played her a couple of times, and I meant to take more details, but we broke up in the meantime!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement