Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron 1545 Battery Charging issue

Options
  • 19-04-2011 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

My 1545 laptop has stopped charging in the last fortnight. When I plug it in it is constantly at 3% charge and will not increase. A message is clear on the battery icon - " 3% available Plugged in, not charging". As soon as I unplug the laptop to move location it will die instantly and I have to restart once i plug it in again.

I searched this problem on Google and it seems to be a fairly common problem and could be one of two possibilities - the motherboard or the battery itself. The problem I have is that Dell parts are very expensive. :mad:I don't think it is the adaptor itself as the laptop recognises when it is plugged in.

Does anybody have experience with this and how did you fix the issue?
    If I do have to get a new part for the laptop, is there a store in Ireland that stocks the parts I need that won't ask for one of my limbs in return??:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Could be that charging has been disabled in the power settings. I know that you can turn off the option to charge the battery when plugged in on my Dell XPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 laser750

Thanks mordeith, I tried that but it hadn't been disabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gutoci

laser750 wrote: »
    Hi,

My 1545 laptop has stopped charging in the last fortnight. When I plug it in it is constantly at 3% charge and will not increase. A message is clear on the battery icon - " 3% available Plugged in, not charging". As soon as I unplug the laptop to move location it will die instantly and I have to restart once i plug it in again.

I searched this problem on Google and it seems to be a fairly common problem and could be one of two possibilities - the motherboard or the battery itself. The problem I have is that Dell parts are very expensive. :mad:I don't think it is the adaptor itself as the laptop recognises when it is plugged in.

Does anybody have experience with this and how did you fix the issue?
    If I do have to get a new part for the laptop, is there a store in Ireland that stocks the parts I need that won't ask for one of my limbs in return??:rolleyes:

I guess most probably it is the fault of Dell AC adapter or the Power Cord. Lots of Dell users made this problem solved by replacing a new adapter(with power cord) from Dell(free) or buying a new one.

You can also check it with another AC adapter & battery from your friends, The AC Adapter and battery are the same on Dell 1525,1526,1545 computers.

If the battery used more than 15 months. The dell 1545 battery is dying for laptop batteries have natural life and you may wish to get discount Dell 1545 battery from google,battery4us,ebay,etc,.

Hope this can help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

if it see's the adapter in the bios , its a dead batt

Advertisement