Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video lag on galaxy S

Options
  • 19-04-2011 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Have a voice/picture lag on vids taken on phone and any vid/film I download. Have downloaded vids taken with camera and they run fine on a pc so looks to be just processing issue on phone.
    Anyone else seen same and have solution?

Geeks in carphone not much help and just suggested gingerbread might sort when released - see unofficial versions out but not techi and not mad to flash on my own(when is official release through kies?).
    Also been trying to backup contacts/music etc...on kies in prep for flsh but kies takes hours to download music. This normal??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

bwg66 wrote: »
    Have a voice/picture lag on vids taken on phone and any vid/film I download. Have downloaded vids taken with camera and they run fine on a pc so looks to be just processing issue on phone.

Geeks in carphone not much help and just suggested gingerbread might sort when released - see unofficial versions out but not techi and not mad to flash on my own(when is official release through kies?).
    Also been trying to backup contacts/music etc...on kies in prep for flsh but kies takes hours to download music. This normal??

Sounds like a software issue on the phone itself, I reciently upgraded to 2.3 and I gotta say - it's excellent, so much faster and get better battery life. Flashing it unoffically is a far easier way to go, just use a program called odin, anyone could do this, just be aware that you will lose apps and stuff, basically factory reset of the phone. Just follow this tutorial it has everything you need. It's like getting a new phone.

May also be worth trying Rock Player in hardware mode, but that's like putting a bandaid on a broken leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

What are you running on the SGS? Any custom Roms? lagfixes? My phone was fairly crap when I got it first too, but it's fixable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bwg66

Hi. Just running as it was out of the box. Didn't use vids for a while so didn't notice but suspect was there from the start.
    How did you improve yours?

Hi. Just running as it was out of the box. Didn't use vids for a while so didn't notice but suspect was there from the start.
    How did you improve yours?

There are a few ways. Best is probably installing a custom ROM. Look over a darkysrom.com/ and in the forum for guides. Fairly simple. but take care all the same.

Also take a look at the darkys thread in this section. I dont have time to go into more detail but it's been covered plenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bwg66

Ok. Thanks to both of you(Viper & Squeeonline). Away for weekend but will have a look at both and take a plunge.

Did did either of you have same backup issues with kies - only 300 songs and at current rate will take a few days to backup?
    Also, anyway of backing up text messages?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Just give up on Kies, its a terrible POS software, its better and easier to just drag and drop with Windows either through usb or wifi.

I'll second the giving up on Kies. Get a good backup app like Titanium and USB/BT/dropbox(wifi) backup files over to your computer

Advertisement