Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love to read

Options
  • 19-04-2011 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I love to read and am always looking for new authors to try. Can anyone recommend any great books? I enjoy most genres though not a big fan of science fiction.

Also does anyone know of any book clubs with a young crowd? I'm 25 and never been part of book club before but would really like to give it a shot!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

This sticky is probably a good place to start:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68819

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

If you are in Dublin, the bookcrossing book club that meets in the Longstone pub might interest you. There is a good mix of people, various ages and men and women. I'm 23 and had a great time. Pm me if you want more details. Also the Boards bookclub is enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

If you are in Dublin, the bookcrossing book club that meets in the Longstone pub might interest you. There is a good mix of people, various ages and men and women. I'm 23 and had a great time. Pm me if you want more details. Also the Boards bookclub is enjoyable.
    I second that choice of the Book Crossing meetings! I have thoroughly enjoyed myself since I joined the Book Crossers. We have members all over Ireland and the world. I'd love to meet you at one of our meetings.

Check out the thread on Book Crossing for the latest info. on meetings.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055897240

The boards book club is very enjoyable too. Though I confess I haven't had time to go there this year, as I still have too many books to read!

Advertisement