Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown 22/04 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 19-04-2011 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,483 ✭✭✭✭

Source - Wrestlezone

Edge will appear on this week's edition of Smackdown and Alberto Del Rio will be holding a retirement party for Edge on the show

It was announced that this week's edition of WWE Smackdown will feature Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes in a WrestleMania 27 rematch.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Edge shouldn't be at this week's tapings. He got a great sendoff on RAW and SmackDown last week.

I guess they worry that people might get refunds since they bought tickets thinking edge would be there. I doubt many would though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Theyre milking edges retirement a bit I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

Last week was his proper sendoff, and now he's going to be used to further the build up for the World Title match. I presume.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I just hope this is leading to Christian winning the title and having Edge raise his hand in a crowning moment of awesome...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Oh ****, Big Slow and the big red disaster are champs again..:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Michael Cole comes out to occupy The Cole Mine which features a royal looking gold and burgundy throne by it. Josh Mathews and Booker T follow.

* The World Heavyweight Championship belt is suspended above the ring.

* The show opens with a Edge video package followed by a rundown of the Extreme Rules lineup. On tonight's show, Big Show & Kane will face Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel for the WWE Tag Team Championship and Kofi Kingston will face Wade Barrett for the WWE Intercontinental Championship.

* Sir Michael Cole comes out to the British National Anthem to a ton of heat.

* Cody Rhodes comes out with three men wearing suits with one pushing a shopping cart. In the cart there are paper bags. Rhodes instructs his posse to hand out the bags to the crowd because they all need them. Everyone on the front row is given a brown paper back to put over their head. Rhodes cuts a heel promo which leads to his Wrestlemania XXVII rematch with Rey Mysterio.

* Rey Mysterio b. Cody Rohodes with a reversed powerbomb into a sitdown pin. After the match, Rhodes beats him down and they brawl on the outside. Cody finally gets the upper hand after a lengthy battle and puts a paper bag over Mysterio's head.

* Couple's Therapy with LayCool ends with McCool attacking Layla.

* Michael Cole introduces Jack Swagger after footage from his Knighting Ceremony from this week's WWE Raw airs.

* Jack Swagger vs. Trent Barreta. Swagger makes him tap out in the ankle lock in a squash match.

* Big Show and Kane are shown walking backstage to the ring as their match for the WWE Tag Team Championship is up next.

* The new Kharma vignette airs.

* Big Show and Kane b. Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel to become the new WWE Tag Team Champions. They got the win after miscommunication from The Corre.

* Backstage, The Corre argue and Ezekiel Jackson blames Heath Slater. Slater pushes Justin Gabriel.

* Drew McIntyre b. Chris Masters - Good match. McIntyre was cheered by the British fans.

* Wade Barrett b. Kofi Kingston to retain the IC Title - Barrett had his feet on the ropes for the win.

• Advertisement

Probably more to come...

Alberto Del Rio hosts a retirement party for Edge. He comes out and unveils his gifts to the Rated R Superstar... A grandfather clock, adult diapers and the love of his life Lita. Out comes a very obese lady posing as Lita. Del Rio also says he got him a new ride. Ricardo Rodriguez drives a mobile scooter out to an Edge-like entrance. Del Rio tells Brodus Clay to attack Edge (who is on the ramp) but as Clay goes up the ramp Christian is hiding under the ring with a ladder. He attacks Clay on the ramp then takes out Del Rio. Christian gets in the ring with the ladder and grabs the World Heavyweight Championship from up top. Edge applauds from the ramp to end the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

Wonder what reaction Barrett got? Hopefully a good one by the London crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Tinie wrote: »

Vince McMahon,milking a retirement?

Well I never!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,982 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They're breaking up LayCool.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

No World Title for Christian @ ER judging the end of the show.

Show and Kane as tag champs can't be any worse then the god awful Corre IMO!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone think they should have done the retirement angle with Del Rio last week.

Open the show with Del Rio party thing , Edge comes out have a battle etc.
    Then wait till the end to have the big send off like last week

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

TheBantam wrote: »
    Wonder what reaction Barrett got? Hopefully a good one by the London crowd.

Its mentioned in this rundown of the show. It seems both Barret and Drew McIntyre got decent pops.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Love that Kane is a champ again :D I expected Barrett to get a good reception in Jolly Old England, and I'm not that surprised that Drew would too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

This draft couldnt come at a better time I think. Stick wade on raw and Sheamus on SD. Shake things up a little.

This SD sounds decent enough, not much time allocated to crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Tinie wrote: »

I don't think their intention is to milk the retirement for ratings. WWE are massively short on legit top face's on Smackdown without Edge and are using the retirement as an angle to give Christian a legit push as Edges replacement for ER.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

I think the draft was called because of Edge's retirement. I could see Orton moving to SmackDown now or maybe Morrison, to get more of a chance of building him as a credible main event babyface.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, I had forgotten how much I loved Lita's theme....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Can't see any hope at all of Christian winning at ER given the end of Smackdown.

Plus it is not likely Del Rio will be booked to lose 2 title matches at 2 PPVs in a row.

A good Smackdown I thought. Enjoyed it a lot more than Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pretty decent SD

Rhodes is closely becoming my favourite heel (Punk is still tops) in WWE currently he gets better and better and his feud with Rey is very good

I did laugh at Ricardo Rodriguez riding the scooter to the ring :p

Edge following Cena in doing poo jokes is pretty lame imo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Cody really is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

A good Smackdown I thought. Enjoyed it a lot more than Raw.

Me too. Felt like Raw was on panic mode in reaction to Edge's retirement while Smackdown has a knack for dealing with what they've got fairly well. They'll do it again when it's gutted for the draft. ;)

Though last week's mix of kayfabe with Edge's retirement was a bit awkward.

Could have done without the fat Lita and Del Rio shenanigans segment but I'm hoping good things will come out of the draft for Gabriel (who seems to be getting trusted to say things beyond "I'm from Cape Town, South Africa" now) and Barreta, and that Lalya gets some quality material in a consistent face push.

"You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me."
    "Couples therapy was my idea!"

was the highlight of the night. Like that time Layla complained about McCool kicking her in the face with her "big foot" with such sincerity.

And here's to each Corre member getting a different version of End of Days for their themes after the draft. ;)

The Laycool break up seems premature. They should be together for Kong's arrival and she should smash though them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Laycool break up seems premature. They should be together for Kong's arrival and she should smash though them.

I could see McCool trying to get Kong as her bodyguard kinda character if she goes to SD and can also see down the line McCool of course ending Kongs un-defeated streak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I could see McCool trying to get Kong as her bodyguard kinda character if she goes to SD and can also see down the line McCool of course ending Kongs un-defeated streak

Anyone but McCool, jesus, I couldn't bare it.

The irony of this Laycool break up is that they're playing it as if McCool has been carrying Layla, but in my eyes it's the other way round.

Her promos really seem to be the basis for her wiping the floor with the Barbie-girl Divas. So that idea doesn't really fit in with the build she is getting.

Advertisement