Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire rebooting problem - question about repairs

Options
  • 19-04-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

My 3-month old HTC Desire has developed the 'random restart' problem, with all the classic symptoms (probably related to overheating). I know there are other threads about the fault itself, but I have a specific question about the repair process...

The phone was bought in Carphone Warehouse. Is it better to send it directly to HTC, or to go through Carphone Warehouse? I didn't buy insurance from them, but I'm pretty sure it'd be covered under warranty.

Also, does anyone know how long this takes, or how reliable the fix is? Does the problem ever reappear?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

You can send it back to CPW but it could go to Fonemenders (search) or HTC. I've always dealt with HTC direct and it takes about two weeks in total, you have to pay for the courier outbound but they cover the return.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

Send it back to HTC, search for posts under my name and it sets out the procedure and advises how long it should take (about a week). So far I have not experienced any further restarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

Thanks for the help lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

HTC 01 6968474

Repair centre is in UK.

Advertisement