Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting pictures of juveniles on GAA website

Options
  • 19-04-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently doing a new website for my local football club. There will be different sections, two of which will be the juvenile section as well as the ladies section. I'm just wondering what is the situation with regards putting pictures of Juvenile players on a website such as this. Does permission need to be sought from a parent before posting a picture of their son/daughter?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

As part of GAA rules now, you have to seek permission from the parents to have their childrens photo's taken aswell as put onto a webpage.

During Club registration or training days we hand out forms to the childs parents for them to consent to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Lostinspace

No problem, thanks for getting back to me. I'll have a chat with the Juvenile chairman regarding this and hopefully we can get this issue sorted.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

When you publish team photos and names, never put the names to the faces and state on the website that this is club policy.

Mind you I can never understand how the newspapers get away with putting names to faces online and then also mention where the kids are from! No club would ever go this far.

Advertisement