Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to stay for fishing break

Options
  • 19-04-2011 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I hope some one can help me out. Im looking to get back into coarse/ pike fishing I havent done it in years but I always wanted to get back into it as it was a good way to clear the head. So this week end Im gonna bite the bullet and head away for a few days with the dogs and see how I fair out.

Can any one recommend a place thats beside a river or lake to spend the next couple of days and is not in cavan.

Thanks All for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭fiacha

Finea village. You can fish the Inny, Sheelin and Kinale from there. It's on the Cavan / Longford / Westmeath borders, so just stick south of the Cavan side and you'll be fine :)

Fishing on Sheelin for pike can be hard but very rewarding.
    I prefer to fish the river and Kinale. Nice scenery and plenty of pike. Good roach, perch (specimen size) and gudgeon in the river. Not sure about the course fishing on Kinale, but I do see people feeder fishing on it.

The Inny Side Lodge B&B run by Mary O'Reilly is right on the river with boats available for hire. They are well used to duck shooters staying there with dogs, and they will normally let you put them in a shed, or keep a dog box in the yard. http://www.look4lodging.com/385/viewcounty_house.html

You can also camp in the carpark beside the river or ask Mary to let you camp on the farm beside it.

No connection with the business or family, just a happy customer over the last 8 years.

Advertisement