Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbonation Drops

Options
  • 19-04-2011 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I've just brewed a Canadian Blonde and bottled it in the Oxbar PET 500 ml bottles, using one carb. drop per bottle. Only copped now that they recommend one drop for 330 ml and 2 drops for a 750ml bottle. What about 500 ml????

My question is - have I under carbonated and should I expect a flat beer in a couple of weeks or is one carb drop enough for a 500 ml bottle?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It certainly won't be flat. But it's done now. Let it condition, drink it, and learn for again. You may even prefer the lower carbonation the dosage gives you.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

Better under carbonated beer than over carbonated gushers!

Don't worry, your beer won't be flat. The worst that will happen is that you end up with a softer level of carbonation than you might otherwise have had, but there will still be plenty of fizz to your beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Snake Doctor

Yeah, some fizz better than none I guess but I hope theres enough carbonation to prevent it tasting like a near flat pint of lager!

I'm brewing a dark ale next so, the lower carbonation might suit that alright

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mayto

When I keg a beer I use carb drops to bottle the beer left over and they seem to carbonate fine for me. You would think there could be too much fizz nearly if you use them in a 330ml bottle.

Advertisement