Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freemason entered apprentice has code book, whats all the fuss about?

Options
  • 19-04-2011 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

I came across something earlier that caught my attention, its from masons of texas site, seems some of the higher ups are having a problem with an entered apprentice having a code book to decipher something.

I cant copy and paste from their site so I had to do screen caps.
    http://www.masonsoftexas.com/showthread.php?11269-EA-s-and-the-Book

155861.png

155862.png

155863.png

155864.png

155865.png

So what is all the fuss about an entered apprentice having this book and the knowledge it may bring, they seem a little upset about him knowing what he shouldnt know.
    I hope some of the higher up masons here can shed some light on this, and what is untempered mortar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

33 wrote: »
    I came across something earlier that caught my attention, its from masons of texas site, seems some of the higher ups are having a problem with an entered apprentice having a code book to decipher something.

I cant copy and paste from their site so I had to do screen caps.
    http://www.masonsoftexas.com/showthread.php?11269-EA-s-and-the-Book

155861.png

155862.png

155863.png

155864.png

155865.png

So what is all the fuss about an entered apprentice having this book and the knowledge it may bring, they seem a little upset about him knowing what he shouldnt know.
    I hope some of the higher up masons here can shed some light on this, and what is untempered mortar?

I think that although Masonry is now quite a strange thing it was based on the mason's guilds of the middle ages in Europe.
    I'm sure untempered mortar is some sort of methaphor derived from this basis of the order in the traditions of actual masrony/ stone working or building.
    What it's a methaphor for is something I can't answer for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭33

155871.png

And thats where it ended.

155872.png

So whats the big deal with some code book, and why should people considered untempered mortar not even know it exists?, even people who believe they are part of the tempered mortar, yet obviously not.

One important lesson can be found in the earliest degree in reference to "untempered mortar" and the cement uniting our Fraternity. The ancient Craftsmen were operative stonemasons who worked to create great cathedrals and other buildings. The cement, which they used, was critical in their constructions. When properly mixed, this cement would unite the stones, and would insure a stable, beautiful, and lasting edifice, but if mixed improperly, would doom a structure to cracks, decay, and ruin. Thus, "untempered mortar," or improperly mixed mortar, was never to be tampered with or used. This mixing and preparation required knowledge, care, and understanding, which the new apprentice had to acquire before progressing to be a master of his craft..
    http://www.grandlodgeoftexas.org/node/171

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The way it reads to me is that a candidate learns a set curriculum and shouldn't deviate from that. One candidate got a hold of a book which outlines further teachings that he shouldn't be learning yet (in a similar way of not trying to do calculus before you can add and subtract).

"Untempered Mortar" seems refers to the temptation to ruin his studies by getting too far ahead of himself, which has apparently happened and confused him.

If it was all something sinister, I'd doubt they'd be talking about it on an online forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

It seems that what the EA was doing was similar to cogging in the Leaving:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

These guys are the worst secret society ever - public message boards?? :confused:

These guys are the worst secret society ever - public message boards?? :confused:

Yet nothing is revealed, except that there is a book that exists that the entered apprentice should not know about.

Expect that thread to disappear.

But are we any the wiser from this thread, so it seems the secret has been kept and not revealed, if you noticed something I missed by way of any secret slipping out please let me know.

Yet nothing is revealed, except that there is a book that exists that the entered apprentice should not know about.

But are we any the wiser from this thread, so it seems the secret has been kept and not revealed, if you noticed something I missed by way of any secret slipping out please let me know.
    We have more info than we would have had without the forum, no? Knowing of the existence of a 'code book' is new information, even if you don't know what's actually in the code book.
    I won't trawl through their forum looking for secrets, but I would point out that even ordinary businesses do not have public fora for staff to discuss their businesses. Taking it up a step, can you imagine the FBI or MI5 having one? Yet here's a 'secret society' with one :confused:
    Very odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

33 wrote:

Cue some eerie music. :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

000.jpg

000.jpg

000.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Here you go guys lets end the speculation and see what mysteries are attained within, I reckon its antigravity myself

http://www.wikileaks.ch/wiki/Grand_Lodge,_F.A.A.M_of_the_District_of_Columbia,_Masonic_Cipher,_1994

Here you go guys lets end the speculation and see what mysteries are attained within, I reckon its antigravity myself

http://www.wikileaks.ch/wiki/Grand_Lodge,_F.A.A.M_of_the_District_of_Columbia,_Masonic_Cipher,_1994
    God almighty, what a load of crap. I actually feel sorry for the poor bastards who invest so much time into that guff. Could they not just all agree to scratch each others' backs without all the ritualistic nonsense?

I like how they cunningly left out vowels to confuse mere mortals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

The Masonic Letter G

Interesting stuff.

I must give Robert Lomas's books a go.

Thanks for the link, never saw that before, although I have heard of it, just had a quick flick and landed on this page of gogglywock and religion, actually Christianity for the Entered Apprentice, I thought freemasonry wasn't about religion, yet in the DC book it specifically mentions attaining entry to the celestial lodge and then heaven and a story from the Bible about Jacobs Ladder reching to heaven, more metioning of the Bible is dedicated to God and a gift from God to man, the square is dedicated to the master and the compass to the craft, and in the gobblygook above says sun and god with small g.
    So this is the Entered Apprentice stage that the brothers were hoping the EA didn't read past, so far it seems that freemasonry is at least linked to Christianity because of the Bible, square and compass being part of the paraphernalia of the lodge and meeting.

156122.png

I guess thats why athiests aren't allowed join, or are they?, and how would and should a Jew or Muslim feel about being in that lodge.

Freemasonry has always said that men of all faiths are welcome then when they arrive they are greeted with a Christian? Bible. Although I dont think I've looked deep enough yet to see whats beyond.

33 - I guess if you were into religion you could argue that this is just a different approach to the same god, with different metaphors employed. Of course, that doesn't work if you belong to a polytheistic or atheistic religion (Hinduism or Buddhism, say).

33 - I guess if you were into religion you could argue that this is just a different approach to the same god, with different metaphors employed. Of course, that doesn't work if you belong to a polytheistic or atheistic religion (Hinduism or Buddhism, say).

Exactly!

Heres a bit from a bit further along, still mentioning God at master mason level.

156124.jpg

But I dont understand why they write this in plain english and the rest in gobblygook, what's the gobblygook really saying?

But I dont understand why they write this in plain english and the rest in gobblygook, what's the gobblygook really saying?
    You can work out the gobbledygook if you spend a little bit of time at it. For example, at the end of the page you quote, the response is 'S M I B', which I'd bet my bottom dollar is 'so may it be'. I guess the idea is that the old hands know the words of the ritual, and the disemvowelled version is only to serve as a reminder to the guys that are learning the ropes.

I've said it before though, and I'll say it again: what a waste of time. We have a mason posting here, don't we? Could he tell us whether his lodge does the same type of thing as this, I wonder? (and, if possible, what's the point?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

You can work out the gobbledygook if you spend a little bit of time at it. For example, at the end of the page you quote, the response is 'S M I B', which I'd bet my bottom dollar is 'so may it be'. I guess the idea is that the old hands know the words of the ritual, and the disemvowelled version is only to serve as a reminder to the guys that are learning the ropes.

"So mote it be", I'd guess.

It means the same thing.

I've heard freemasonry being referred to as similar to being in a golf club, somehow the rules of the golf club, out whacking a few balls, and probably a few drinks later seem totally different from this freemasonry business.

Lee Valley Golf Club
    Rules and Bye-Laws
    The Committee and/or the Liaison Committee shall have the power from time to time in compliance with
    Sub-Sub Clause 9.5.2.1 to make such Bye-Laws as it considers necessary and to alter and repeal same,
    subject at all times to the approval of the appropriate Committee.
    Club Colours and Emblem
    The official Club Emblem is as displayed and the Club colours shall be green and blue.
    Representative Dress
    Members representing the Club in competition should wear navy slacks, white shirt and the official Club sweater.
    Conduct on the Golf Course
    1. Members are forbidden to trespass on lands adjoining the course.
    2. Members are required to smooth out their footprints in bunkers, to replace divots and repair their ball mark on greens.
    3. Members are expected to acquaint themselves as to Local Rules in place at the time of their play
    Timekeeping
    1. It is expected that a player in competition should arrive in good time before his appointed timeslot.
    2. The committee reserve the right to invoke disqualification for breach of this Rule of Golf 6-3. Alternatively they may
    invoke a penalty for failure to start on time as follows: loss of the first hole in matchplay or two strokes at the first hole in
    strokeplay.
    Slow Play
    1. Inconsiderate slow play is considered to be objectionable conduct.
    2. If a match fails to keep its place on the course and loses more than one clear hole to the players in front it must call
    through the match following.
    3. Players searching for a ball should signal the players behind them to pass as soon as it becomes apparent that the ball
    would not easily be found. They should not search for five minutes before doing so.
    4. When play of a hole has been completed, players should immediately leave the green and proceed towards the next hole.
    5. Players should ensure that golf bags are left on the correct side of the green to enable direct progress to the next tee
    without delay.
    6. If there is a doubt about a ball being "out of bounds" or lost outside of a hazard it would expedite play if a "provisional
    ball" was played before proceeding.
    Priority
    1. The President and Captain of the Club have traditional rights and should have precedence on the course at all times.
    2. Players shall not "cut-in" while a competition is in progress.
    3. Players shall not "cut-in" on any part of the course unless the previous hole is clear from tee to green.
    Competitions (Entry)
    The Club retains the right to disqualify a player from a competition unless he has
    (i) Entered his name on the entry sheet
    (ii) Paid his competition entry fee
    (iii) Entered through swipe card (or PIN no.) on the computer (singles competitions)
    Having completed his round, the player must
    (iv) Enter his score on the computer (singles competitions)
    (v) Place his completed scorecard in the competition box
    It is obligatory that a member who enters his name on a club competition timesheet will compete in said competition.
    Competitions (Prizegiving)
    1. Competition results will be posted as soon as practical after a competition on the club noticeboard.
    2. Whereas every effort shall be made to notify prizewinners, it is understood that the onus is on the individual to make
    himself available for prizegiving ceremonies.
    3. In the event of the non-appearance of a prizewinner at a prizegiving ceremony, prizes will be awarded in order of
    appearance.
    Competitions (General)
    1. The Committee shall have the right to refuse any entry for an open competition and shall not be obliged to state any reason
    therefor.
    2. A member of the Club may not win either the Captain's Prize or the President's Prize unless he has
    (i) Paid in full all Club Subscriptions/Levies
    (ii) Been a member on the Club on or before December 31 of the preceding calendar year, and
    (iii) Played in at least 4 (four) Lee Valley Club qualifying singles competitions since the date of the previous
    competition in question
    (iv) Juvenile/Student/Junior members are not eligible to win outright either the Captain's Prize or the President's
    Prize.
    3. In all competitions where timesheets are in operation, all names must be entered on the timesheet. The word "Partner" is
    not acceptable.
    4. In club fourball competition, the partners who are on the timesheet play together and the person with no partner shall play
    with the higher handicapper of the two.
    5. In singles competitions, where re-entry is allowed, any player may not win more than one prize. In re-entry fourballs,
    foursomes and team events, the same pairings or teams may not win more than one prize.
    6. Scores should be recorded on the scorecard before playing from next tee.
    7. All cards must be returned without delay to the box provided for that purpose and cards so returned cannot be altered
    subsequently.
    8. Ties shall be decided in accordance with rules set out by the Committee.
    Juvenile Members
    1. Juveniles on reaching an acceptable handicap may be invited by the Committee to play in adult competitions.
    2. If given the privilege of playing in adult competitions it is understood that this privilege may be revoked at any time.
    3. Two adult members will play alongside a juvenile if playing in adult competition.
    4. Juvenile members who are not offspring of adult members must reapply for membership on a yearly basis.
    5. One juvenile per timeslot is allowed when competing in adult single and 3-man team competitions; juveniles may only
    partner adult members in fourball or foursome competitions.
    6. To maintain his Juvenile or Student/Junior membership the individual must declare his allegiance to Lee Valley Golf Club
    for the duration of his membership i.e. will be expected to play for Lee Valley Golf Club if selected.
    Matchplay Competitions
    1. All rounds in matchplay competitions shall be played from the medal match tees unless otherwise decided by the
    Committee.
    2. In the event of tie holes, the 1st hole shall be the 19th and the match shall continue until a hole is won, taking strokes as on
    the scorecard.
    3. In any competition where play is ordinarily spread over a prolonged period (e.g. matchplay) a competitor may continue to
    play off his handicap at the time of the first match unless it is otherwise specified in the condition governing the
    competition.
    4. In the matchplay competitions the onus is equally on all players to make contact in order to arrange a suitable date to
    ensure that the match is decided on or before the date set for each round.
    5. Where ties are not played by the prescribed date, progression to the next round shall be decided by the toss of a coin.
    6. Entrance fees for knockout competitions must be paid before the draw is made.
    Subscriptions/Levies
    The committee reserves the right to decide on a set date by which all Subscriptions/Levies should be paid. A member in default
    of not paying all Subscriptions/Levies by this set date will be deemed no longer a member of the Club.
    Etiquette
    1. Members are reminded that the object of these Rules and of Etiquette generally is to enable all members to enjoy the
    facilities of the course and clubhouse with minimum inconvenience to others, and these should be complied with in all
    respects.
    2. All players shall observe the general regulations regarding courtesy, priority and care of the course as outlined in the Rules
    of Golf as approved by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews. (The local rules as displayed with regard to
    priority on the course shall take precedence).
    3. All local rules and ByeLaws shall be posted on the Club Noticeboard and shall therefore take immediate effect.
    Local Rules
    1 Out of Bounds
    Over the boundary fences, ditches and hedges surrounding the course. Over the boundary fences right of the 2nd and
    10th holes. On or over the permanent burnt line on the following holes; back of the 1st tee, 2nd green and 18th green.
    Right of 9th hole. Left of 18th hole. Over the white painted kerbing back of the 10th and 15th greens.
    2 Hazards (Rule 26)
    All ponds and lakes marked by yellow stakes are Water hazards. All ponds or ditches marked by red stakes are lateral
    Water hazards. NOTE: stakes or lines defining the margins of hazards are in the hazard.
    3 Immovable Obstructions (Rule 24)
    Sprinkler heads, hydrant covers, tee markers, seats, manhole covers, drain grates and drainpipes, signs, ball washers,
    litter bins, distance markers and electricity cables crossing the course or their supporting poles, the stroke must be
    replayed without penalty.
    4 Ground Under Repair
    Areas surrounded by white lines and/or red and white stakes and marked GUR relief may be taken from GUR under
    Rule 25-1b
    Tractor marks and red earth included.
    5 A ball lying on a tee or green, other than that of the hole being played, must be dropped within one club length from
    the nearest point of relief, which must not be nearer the hole being played and not in a hazard.
    6 All paths and roads within the boundaries of the course are in play.
    7 A ball lying within two club-lengths of any staked tree must be dropped within one club-length of the nearest point of
    relief, not nearer the hole.
    8 Loose stone impediments may be removed from sand bunkers.
    9 Distance Markers to Front of Green Yellow 100yds; White 150yds; Red 200yds.
    Winter Rules (Non-Qualifying Competitions)
    1 A ball coming to rest on a FAIRWAY may be lifted, cleaned and placed within six inches (not nearer the hold).
    2 If your swing is impeded by the ropes or stakes protecting the greens, you are allowed relief of one club-length or
    such distance that allows you full relief (not nearer the hole).
    Preferred Lies (Qualifying Competitions)
    1 A ball coming to rest on a FAIRWAY may be lifted, cleaned and PLACED within six inches (not nearer the
    hole).

These are full masonic rituals from the state of Nevada, circa 1986, with these and the DC cipher book, the gogglygook in the DC cipher can be deciphered, these are the full plain english rituals,

The Masonic ritual: Men, who have left the Masonic Lodge after coming to understand what Masonic ritual teaches, have sometimes felt compelled to reveal the contents of Masonic ritual to the public. Many are reluctant to do so because of Masonic history. During the early 19th century, Capt. William Morgan worked with a printer named Miller to publish the rituals, as practiced in New York. The printers shop was set ablaze and Morgan was abducted and murdered. As his body was never recovered, there was no conviction for murder. However, several Masons were convicted of his abduction.

These are only the first 3 degrees, although Master Mason is the highest degree of the Blue Lodge.
    After the Blue Lodge, a Master Mason may receive further teachings through the Scottish Rite. The Scottish Rite can confer an additional 30 degrees to the Master Mason. They are divided as follows in the Northern Jurisdiction of the United States.

Below are brief descriptions for the most common degrees conferred in Freemasonry in the United States.
    aasrnj.gif
    Scottish Rite
    Lodge of Perfection
    4° - 14°
    perfect.gif
    [FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]
    4° - Master Traveler
    [/FONT][FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]
    5° - Perfect Master
    6° - Intimate Secretary
    7° - Provost and Judge
    8° - Intendant of the Building
    9° - Master Elect of the Nine - North
    10° - Master Elect - North
    11° - Sublime Master Elected - North
    12° - Grand Master Architect
    13° - Master of the Ninth Arch
    14° - Grand Elect Mason
    [/FONT]

Council, Princes of Jerusalem
    15° - 16°
    CPRINCE.gif
    15° - Knight of the East or Sword[/FONT][FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]
    16° - Prince of Jerusalem[/FONT]
    Chapter of Rose Croix
    17° - 18°
    rosecroi.gif
    17° - Knight of the East and West[/FONT][FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]
    18° - Knight of the Rose Croix[/FONT]
    Consistory
    19° - 32°
    consist.gif

[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]19° - Grand Pontiff[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]20° - Master ad Vitam[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]21° - Patriarch Noachite[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]22° - Prince of Libanus[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]23° - Chief of the Tabernacle[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]24° - Prince of the Tabernacle[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]25° - Knight of the Brazen Serpent[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]26° - Friend and Brother Eternal[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]27° - Commander of the Temple[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]28° - Knight of the Sun[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]29° - Knight of St. Andrew[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]30° - Grand Inspector[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]31° - Knight Aspirant[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]32° - Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret [/FONT]

33° - Honorary Achievement
    33° - Sovereign Grand Inspector General

An honorary 33rd° is conferred annually to certain 32nd° masons who have exemplified, in their daily lives, the true meaning of the Brotherhood of Man under the Fatherhood of God. The recipient must be at least 33 years of age and may not apply for the degree.
    Although the Scottish Rite degrees are numbered, it is not to imply that masons who have achieved these degrees are of "higher" rank. The highest degree in Freemasonry is the sublime degree of Master Mason or 3° which is given in the Blue Lodge.
    The York Rite is another organization that can give provide additional Masonic teachings and confer additional degrees. The York Rite is Christian in nature and is organized as follows:

Chapter of Royal Arch Masons
    arch.gif

Mark Master[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]
    Past Master (Some Areas)[/FONT][FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]
    Most Excellent Master[/FONT][FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]
    Royal Arch[/FONT]

Council of Royal & Select Masters (Cryptic)
    select.gif
    Royal Master[/FONT][FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]
    Select Master[/FONT][FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]
    Super-Excellent Master[/FONT]
    Commandery of Knights Templar
    kt.gif
    Order of the Red Cross[/FONT][FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]
    Order of the Knights of Malta[/FONT][FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]
    Order of the Knights Templar[/FONT]
    So all these books give us is the first 3 degrees, it is said that the true secret of freemasonry isn't revealed until reaching the 33rd degree, so I don't expect to find much in the first 3 degree's.
    [/FONT]

• Advertisement

19° - Grand Pontiff
    20° - Master ad Vitam
    21° - Patriarch Noachite
    22° - Prince of Libanus
    23° - Chief of the Tabernacle
    24° - Prince of the Tabernacle
    25° - Knight of the Brazen Serpent
    26° - Friend and Brother Eternal
    27° - Commander of the Temple
    28° - Knight of the Sun
    29° - Knight of St. Andrew
    30° - Grand Inspector
    31° - Knight Aspirant
    32° - Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret
    Lol - this stuff reminds of Pokemon or some kids game where you move from level to level. Anyone old enough to remember the computer game, Elite? You started off as 'harmless', and as you got more kills in space combat you moved up along the following path - I think the first number is the number of kills you need to get to that level:

• 0000 - Harmless
    • 0049 - Mostly Harmless
    • 0401 - Poor
    • 1009 - Average
    • 1501 - Above Average
    • 2501 - Competent
    • 4501 - Dangerous
    • 3000 - Deadly
    • 8000 - Very Deadly
    • 9801 - Elite
    I guess human psychology is the same whether you are a big, grown-up freemason or a 12-year-old gamer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

My new life goal is to become a "Super-Excellent Master".

How frustrating it must be to drag yourself up to 'Grand Pontiff' and find that you are only half way up the tree :D

The whole thing is so ripe for satire - the Simpsons did a great job in the Stonecutters episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Monty, I remember Elite well, or was it called Frontier Elite:confused:

I love these Freemason threads. Its very entertaining to read about the rituals. My only problem is when people in power use their secret club to help them advance unfairly (politicans/Business men/Brown envelopes)

Monty, I remember Elite well, or was it called Frontier Elite:confused:
    Elite came out in the early 80s - it was an epic scale game for its time...

I played it on the Amstrad CPC - the graphics were very slightly better than the Commodore 64 version above. 'Elite 2: Frontier', below, was a sequel that came out in the 90s.

Things had moved on a bit from the days when our computers had 64k of storage as you can see (the one in front of me right now has 2,000,000k or so). I think Elite (with it's universe of 6000 individual planet) could be run on a 16k machine like the ZX Spectrum. Amazing really, but it goes to show how the massive increases in computer power and storage have just allowed programmers to get very lazy and inefficient in their methods.
    I love these Freemason threads. Its very entertaining to read about the rituals. My only problem is when people in power use their secret club to help them advance unfairly (politicans/Business men/Brown envelopes)
    Yeah, that would be my attitude too. I've no doubt a lot of low-level back-scratching goes on, but the rituals and stuff look very unintentionally amusing.

I think Elite (with it's universe of 6000 individual planet) could be run on a 16k machine like the ZX Spectrum.

Yeah, that would be my attitude too. I've no doubt a lot of low-level back-scratching goes on, but the rituals and stuff look very unintentionally amusing.

Firstly it was a ZX Spectrum 48K,:mad:, I had a commodore 64 then after that, it even had a matching tape deck, and the sound of the games played through a speaker was just like bad music, actually the wait for the games to load was a pain in the hole.

I'd say low and high level back scratching goes on, but thats secondary to the ritual, and the total uselessness of the ritual, asking MM, WM or whoever some silly nonsense, then they claim it is not a religion or religious, altough in the examples we have here it seems religion and especially Abrahamic religion of the first 3 degrees is most prominent.

King Solomon, who masonry seems to follow was led astray, I think by looking at what Solomon did can give an idea of the thinking and secrets of modern freemasonry, as it's almost as ancient and each lodge seems to be a reconstruction of solomons temple, I think they practice as he did in the latter part of his life, heres a copy and paste.

Solomon's Sins: Solomon's reign brought changes not only to Israel but also to his own life. Near the end of his life, the king lost the ideals of his youth, becoming restless and unsatisfied. His writings in Ecclesiastes, proclaiming that "all is vanity," support the view that the world's wisest man had become a pathetic figure in his old age.
    Solomon's greatest sin was his loss of devotion to the GOD of the Hebrew people. In this, he fell victim to his own trade agreements. By custom, beautiful women were awarded to the most powerful member of a treaty to seal the covenant. The constant influx of wives and concubines in Solomon's court led eventually to his downfall. Thus, Solomon broke the Mosaic Law and violated the warning not to stray from the path of his father David. The large number of foreign women in Solomon's court made many demands upon the king. He allowed these "outsiders" to practice their pagan religions. The result was that Jerusalem, and even its holy Temple, was the scene of pagn practices and idol worship (I Kings 11:1-13). Solomon's own faith was weakened. Eventually he approved of, and even participated in, these idolatrous acts. The example he set for the rest of the nation must have been demoralizing. This unfortunate error was a severe blow to the security of Solomon's throne and to the nation he had built.
    The End of Solomon's Throne: Years before Solomon's death, his heavy taxation of the people brought unrest and rebellion. Surrounding nations began to marshal their forces to free themselves of Israel's tyranny, but the most serious uprising came from within the nation itself. Jeroboam, a young leader who had the support of Egypt, led ten of the twelve tribes out of Israel to the North. When Solomon's son Rehoboam ascended the throne after his father, Jeroboam returned to lead a successful civil war against him. The result was a division of Solomon's United Kingdom into two separate nations - the southern kingdom of Judah and the northern kingdom of Israel.

Solomon's Character: In many ways, Solomon's 40-year reign as king of the Hebrew people is a puzzle. In his early years he was both noble and humble - undoubtedly one of the best rulers of his day. Although he was surrounded by wealth and luxury as a young man, he seemed to be a person of honor and integrity. he was the first king in Israel who was the son of a king. The glory of his empire was a reflection of his own royal tastes, which he satisfied through a shrewd and succesful foreign policy. Unfortunately, Solomon was not strong enough to withstand the temptations that go along with a long life of luxury. His contribution to the nation of Israel is figured largely in material terms. He made Jerusalem one of the most beautiful cities of the ancient world, and he will always be remembered as a great builder. The tragedy is that after the building of the Temple, Solomon did very little to promote the religious life of his people.

Actually I think masonry is a replication of solomons life journey, or as they say from darkness to light.

Firstly it was a ZX Spectrum 48K,:mad:, I had a commodore 64 then after that, it even had a matching tape deck, and the sound of the games played through a speaker was just like bad music, actually the wait for the games to load was a pain in the hole.
    It was launched with 16k and 48k versions. If you think 16k is lame, what about the mighty ZX81 with 1k? I had a friend who had one.

We started with a Dragon 32, then Amstrad CPC 464, before entering the PC world...the Dragon looks a tad old-fashioned in retrospect.

Advertisement