Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is Alverna?

Options
  • 18-04-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody knows whereabouts Alverna is on the Mardyke Walk? I can't seem to find it on a map or anything!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

If you are coming from the direction of the main gates in UCC its a few hundred yards down the road on the right hand side. There is a sign on the gate that says Alverna. It a little bit down the street and opposite the Presntation College. Its like a mini little housing estate.

I knew a few people living there before, the ones they lived in weren't great houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

I'm pretty sure theres a statue of Mary in the back....great old houses. Not sure about the standard as I was only there for a session but they're very old and look amazing inside (all old ceilings, and loads of staircases)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

I wouldn't recommend living there - particularly 12 Alverna. I've known a few people who lived there and they found it awful! And I've heard some of the others aren't great - talk to the people who live in the house this year, before making a decision though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sorsors

Its beside Mardyke Halls and just down from the Granary...im living there this year.....old house v.cold in winter!!! there was ice on the inside of my window!

Advertisement