Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The man at every Ronnie match

• 18-04-2011 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Has anyone noticed the guy that sits ( I think) behind Ronnie's seat in almost every game. He usually wears a Man City jersey (I think!) been in the same seat at least fir the last 3 years. Wearing a red t-shirt at the moment in the Maguire - Hawkins match.

How can someone get the same seat every year? Dedicated fan for sure anyhow!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

ronnie.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Brilliant Smokie!!!!

The reason you see the same face year in year out is that the person block books the same seat.
    I know of some people that book a seat for every single session for the duration of the tournament.
    One couple in particular booked the same two seats in the front row right in the middle for over twenty years.
    They would'nt miss a session of snooker, the old boy died and the wife continued to go with their son,thought she had passed on too until i saw her sitting in her seat again this year.
    One things for sure is that they saw some special moments over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Aln_S

Lol. Quality shopping. Guess I shoulda seen something like that coming. :)

Ahh ok. Didn't realise someone could block book a seat. Must freak Ronnie out! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Aln_S wrote: »
    Must freak Ronnie out! :)

Id say so, as now he is not the only one that could blow up at any time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

There's also a big fella with a massive afro type of hair style that is always there, Always see him every year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

He's been in the same seat for a good few years, as much as the snooker I always look out for him to see if he's back each year. I'll get concerned the year he doesn't turn up!There's a couple of them that go and he's started to bring the kids as well now. The bbc should do a feature of him, dedication for sure!!

Aln_S wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed the guy that sits ( I think) behind Ronnie's seat in almost every game. He usually wears a Man City jersey (I think!) been in the same seat at least fir the last 3 years. Wearing a red t-shirt at the moment in the Maguire - Hawkins match.

How can someone get the same seat every year? Dedicated fan for sure anyhow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 smith707

I know him! :)
    He refs at my local 5 a-side football league.
    The shirt he wears is a Coventry shirt. and he apparently has a season ticket there.
    He also travels everywhere to watch England play and now takes a teddy shrek everywhere too.
    Look out for him at the final with shrek!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

There's also the Gordon Strachan lookalike in a suit who's been there all tournament this year..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meercat

smokie2008 wrote: »
    ronnie.jpg
    had to bring this back up
    topical thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

lol, He let his guard down showing up at those games!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement