Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Oulwans 'n' Oulfellas"

Options
  • 18-04-2011 7:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭

Wow with a title like that our senior citizens will be flocking on to boards! And with threads like "I want to talk to Grannies!" you can't lose, classy:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

If you don't like the forum name then start a thread in here to gauge other forum members opinions. If there is a majority consensus for an agreed name change then I'll present the request to the admins.

If you have issue with any of the other threads on the forum then use the report button to bring them to the attention of the moderators and they will deal with the report as they see fit.

The thread you mentioned was dealt with but on the strength of a report made by someone using the report button. Yay for working systems.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

I was just thinking a more mature name might best reflect a more mature demographic. I think it's an excellent idea for a forum though,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭cml387

darkman2 wrote: »
    I was just thinking a more mature name might best reflect a more mature demographic. I think it's an excellent idea for a forum though,

Are you that snow fella from over in Weather?

Us oulwans and oulfellas don't like snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

cml387 wrote: »

Especially not the snow you get these days. Nothing like as good as what we got when we wuz childher...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I understand what you mean but the feeling amongst the current users is that of a lively and frivolous bunch of older folk who are enjoying the banter and getting to know each other. When the forum settles down a bit and starts to take on it's own feel then we'll see more serious topics being raised and discussed (I hope).

We are still in the honeymoon period of the new hangout.
    Welcome along. Help us to shape this place into something we all want, a common resource for help, advice and friendship.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Wasn't mad on the name myself but liking the forum.....think when things settle down a bit a natural name will come about

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I actually like the name to be honest. This forum does what it says on the tin.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The errant football of your request has landed in my back garden and I'm going to stick a steak knife in it. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I was just thinking a more mature name might best reflect a more mature demographic.

Would you be suggesting that as you get older you become boring and no longer retain your sense of humour, hence, a 'mature' forum name is called for?

You're right of course.
    I had to return mine once I turned the big four O.

Honeymoon you say OG?
    Huttzzz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I like it: it acknowledges middle-age but is tongue-in-cheek enough to suggest the age isn't defining.

Plus I like the Duiblin-centric nature of it. :pac:

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Would you be suggesting that as you get older you become boring and no longer retain your sense of humour, hence, a 'mature' forum name is called for?

You're right of course.
    I had to return mine once I turned the big four O.

Honeymoon you say OG?
    Huttzzz!

I don't believe that for a moment young Beruthiel. You are no where near that kind of age. ..... Are you ???

Rubecula wrote: »
    You are no where near that kind of age. ..... Are you ???

Not anymore.....
    :(

Not anymore.....
    :(

me neither. *sigh*

Have a consolatory drink twice nightly until the symptoms disappear... Works for me.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Don't listen to her Beruthiel - consolatory drink my eye - that wan is an old soak:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭looksee

stovelid wrote: »
    I like it: it acknowledges middle-age but is tongue-in-cheek enough to suggest the age isn't defining.

Plus I like the Duiblin-centric nature of it. :pac:

Dublin-centric!! There's enough of that without our name being taken over! Maybe the OP has a point. Not a good one, but still ... Dublin!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Not boring, no. But "mature". Of course old people can be (and are) as humorous and lively as anyone else.

Some suggestions

"I can't believe I am over 30"

"Knitting Forum"

"Old Folk's Home"

"Zimmer Frames 'n' Walking Sticks"

There is loads and loads of possible names. Being a bit "tongue 'n' cheek" there btw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Not boring, no. But "mature". Of course old people can be as humorous and lively as anyone else.

Some suggestions

"I can't believe I am over 30"

"Knitting Forum"

"Old Folk's Home"

"Zimmer Frames 'n' Walking Sticks"

There is loads and loads of possible names. Being a bit "tongue 'n' cheek" there btw ;)

I think I am feeling ever so slightly patronised...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

cml387 wrote: »

Awww I love snow :( *waves at Darkman* :)

But anyway..I like the name..it is what it is.

I think the name is great... besides I dunno how to knit.

looksee wrote: »
    I think I am feeling ever so slightly patronised...

You have Admin permission to beat him with your zimmer frame or walking stick. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Or pelt him with snowballs? That'd teach him :D

chucken1 wrote: »
    Or pelt him with snowballs? That'd teach him :D

Probably have to be Mudballs at this time of year.

Advertisement