Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Pavilion dm3-1010ed AMD Athlon Neo MV40/2GB RAM/320 GB/13.3i HD €349 at Komplett

Options
  • 18-04-2011 7:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/Site/Catalog/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemNo=20024051&utm_source=wm_110418a_weekly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=w1116_weekly&src=wm_110418a
    HP Pavilion dm3-1010e 13,3" notebook gives you the mobility you want, at a price you can afford. Go up to seven hours unplugged without giving up performance or style. The thin, lightweight HP Pavilion dm3 notebook PC is packed with power inside a bold aluminum chassis.

The HP Pavilion dm3-1010ed features: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium for superior digital entertainment, Eye-catching and durable slim brushed aluminium finish, Experience High-Definition with ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, 2GB memory for strong system & running multiple applications, 320 GB hard drive for storing all of your digital files, Watch High Definition content on the 33.7cm (13.3") High-Definition LED BrightView Widescreen display, Create silkscreen-quality disc labels with LightScribe, watch movies and more with the Double Layer SuperMulti DVD±RW, Featuring Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, webcam and digital microphone - ideal for social networking and communications
    • HP Pavilion DM3-1030ed Entertainment
    • 1.60 GHz AMD Athlon Neo Processor for Ultrathin Notebooks MV-40
    • Microprocessor cache: Level 2 cache 512 KB
    • 13.3” High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1366 x 768)
    • 2 GB RAM
    • ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics with up to 958 MB Total Available Graphics Memory
    • Hard Drive 320 GB (7200 rpm)
    • Network Card Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN
    • Wireless Connectivity Intel 802.11 a/b/g and Bluetooth
    • Sound: Altec Lansing speakers
    • Keyboard Full size chicklet keyboard
    • Touch Pad supporting Multi-Touch gestures, with On/Off button and dedicated vertical Scroll Up/Down pad
    • Interfaces: 5-in-1 integrated card reader, 4 USB 2.0,1 HDMI, 1 VGA port, 1 RJ45 ethernet connector , 1 headphone-out, 1 mic-in, 1 extended battery connector
    • Dimensions: 32.6 cm (L) x 23.0 cm (W) x 2.48 cm (min H) /3.18 cm (max H)
    • Weight 1.91 kg
    • In the Box: HP Webcam with Integrated digital Microphone. VGA low-light
    Good deal? Are komplett reliable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

It certainly appears a good deal alright but a quick check of the CPU's benchmark and it looks alarmingly low, slower than an atom! That can't be right surely?

http://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+Athlon+Neo+MV-40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Good deal? Are komplett reliable?

No, no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Tallon wrote: »
    No, no

Yes they are, plus with now free delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    Yes they are, plus with now free delivery.

Go and read the komplett forum and come back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I had no issues with them with my last order.. people need to stop talking crap sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

shblob wrote: »
    I had no issues with them with my last order.. people need to stop talking crap sometimes.

And your one successful order somehow nullifies all the negative stories posted about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Zonda999 wrote: »
    It certainly appears a good deal alright but a quick check of the CPU's benchmark and it looks alarmingly low, slower than an atom! That can't be right surely?

http://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+Athlon+Neo+MV-40

Its been designed to compete with the older atoms, just has a higher power draw

I can't get any indication of the batt life on this PC

Basically a netbook is 300 euros, so for 50 euros more you are getting

Big 7200rpm 320 gb harddrive
    Big screen
    Win 7

The hp's have a good model line - but honestly this is the slowest of the bunch

the deal clincher is to find a proper review of this machine, find the niggles and definitely check the batt life

I wouldn't take it, because I know the older atoms struggle with video, and on a 13.3, even with the ATI graphics, it could struggle if you are into films and video

I know it ends up being more expensive, but I think this is a better deal

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/ASUS_UL30A-QX328V_1068303.html

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

My experience with Komplett is that they are absolutely unreliable.
    I would strongly advise against buying from them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Dont mind Komplett - watch out for HP! I bought a DM4 recently on Amazon. Great laptop on specs and price. Major design problem with mouse click though. When clicking its like doing a push up with your finger.

I used the latop for a few days thinking that it was just a matter of getting used to but I absolutely hated it. Didnt want to send it back as it had everything I wanted but eventually I did. I asked for a replacement as I actually thought it was faulty but the new one was the exact same. It went back too.

If you do not use an external mouse this will drive you crazy. Do a test vs a normal laptop in PC World to see.

• Advertisement

Linoge wrote: »
    Dont mind Komplett - watch out for HP! I bought a DM4 recently on Amazon. Great laptop on specs and price. Major design problem with mouse click though. When clicking its like doing a push up with your finger.

I used the latop for a few days thinking that it was just a matter of getting used to but I absolutely hated it. Didnt want to send it back as it had everything I wanted but eventually I did. I asked for a replacement as I actually thought it was faulty but the new one was the exact same. It went back too.

If you do not use an external mouse this will drive you crazy. Do a test vs a normal laptop in PC World to see.

Absolutely spot on.. people obsess over specs.. but the most important thing is to find a review.. so many laptops and netbooks have one or two terrible flaws that are just too irritating, read those reviews

You do note you could just tap the trackpad to act as a mouse click though right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Komplett were a reliable company. I've bought many parts from them but never again I think.

The notebook seems like a good deal but the processor is woefully underpowered, hence the price. Shame really, I'm generally a fan of HP notebooks and it's a tidy looking number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭SandyfordGuy

I bought a DM4 1100 series myself and love it, all you needed to do was right click the synamtics touch pad icon in the notification area and select "Disable touchpad gestures" and it behaves like a normal touchpad, even if it has no dedicated buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Apart from inaccurate "Will be in stock" dates, I've found them very reliable over the past year.

Jonny7 wrote: »
    You do note you could just tap the trackpad to act as a mouse click though right?

I find that can be just as bad on your fingers with alot of use. Plus the lack of feedback can be annoying when clicking.
    I bought a DM4 1100 series myself and love it, all you needed to do was right click the synamtics touch pad icon in the notification area and select "Disable touchpad gestures" and it behaves like a normal touchpad, even if it has no dedicated buttons.

Nope, thats not the problem I had at all. Problem is the click is like pushing down the earth.

I actually rested the laptop in my palm and clicked down to cehck the resistance. It moved 2 inches before clicking (and almost falls off palm). Same test on my Vostro and it doesnt move at all. Just an indication of how hard it is.

I find that can be just as bad on your fingers with alot of use. Plus the lack of feedback can be annoying when clicking.

Nope, thats not the problem I had at all. Problem is the click is like pushing down the earth.

I actually rested the laptop in my palm and clicked down to cehck the resistance. It moved 2 inches before clicking (and almost falls off palm). Same test on my Vostro and it doesnt move at all. Just an indication of how hard it is.

The right click on my 1215n requires one thumb and three fingers before applying enough force to fuse metal

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

I would not touch Komplett with a barge pole.

Stay away from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭SandyfordGuy

Cannot say I had that issue, my DM4 was a DM4-1100 series. did you have the original 1000 series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭g_moriarty

I would not touch Komplett with a barge pole.

Stay away from them

Any particular reason? I was going to make an order for a lot of self-build components from them probably in the next week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

Sorry only getting back to you.

They screwed me over 80 euro.

Never got it back
    g_moriarty wrote: »
    Any particular reason? I was going to make an order for a lot of self-build components from them probably in the next week or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Ive bought a TV and a laptop on seperate occasions over the last year , both were delivered within 3 days and very happy with both , however the issues seem to be when problems arise and with the after sales service which ive no experience of.
    Just my 2 cents as people generally only post bad experiences.....

Cannot say I had that issue, my DM4 was a DM4-1100 series. did you have the original 1000 series?

Both were DM4-1100. I noticed the DM4-1050 click was much better than the 1100 when I tried it in a shop.

Advertisement