Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S issues - resets and backups

Options
  • 18-04-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Have a Galaxy S been having text message receipt issues for 3 months and voicemail notification problems for a month. Been on to meteor 4 or 5 times - did all the stuff they suggested, new sim, etc. They are now saying there is a problem with the phone (7 months old now), but I've got no computer at the moment so can't afford to give up the smart phone.

I read elsewhere that a factory reset has helped other people with clearing the issue and they got a barage of texts/notifications as soon as the phone was reset. I'd like to test this theory before I return the phone to meteor (they said that they'd send it back for fix) so that I can say I did this and the problem still exists so they don't just reset it and give it straight back to me still broken, but don't want to lose all my apps and data (music, contacts, etc). It's all on the internal storage and I dont have an external card - is there any way to back it up - I am computerless at the moment but I realise this is probably going to have to involve one so such suggestions are welcome, I'll just use a friends for the time being.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement