Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leedroid 3.0.2 Gingerbread is out

Options
  • 18-04-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Been using it since the original 3.0 build Sat night. Works really well, havnt found any bugs yet. Still pretty barebones but thatll all be added in time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I only just updated to the latest non gingerbread version the other day. Version 2.4d i think. Might give this a miss for now. Any nice features?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

i've tried to install it a couple of times since yesterday, keeps getting stuck on the boot screeen - i tried both the A2SD and no A2SD versions, and also the ext patch :-(

i had been using oxygen 2.0.3 and i'm now giving CM7 a go :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Worked 1st time for me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,365 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Any major advantages over 2.4?

And is there any info on how best to go about upgrading. Have yet to do any sort of reflashing since I initially put a leedroid rom on my Desire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Any major advantages over 2.4?

And is there any info on how best to go about upgrading. Have yet to do any sort of reflashing since I initially put a leedroid rom on my Desire.
    I was on 2.3 until yesterday and updated to 3 then 3.02.

Had lots of lag the odd time on old rom, seemed like it crashed and it'd need a restart to sort out. Hasn't happened on this one yet.
    If your using sense launcher you can rearrange home screens like in the sense hd rom.

Flash videos not working in stock browser, there is a work around though.

Keyboard is great, I already had GB keyboard on froyo but the editing of words works now as it was advertised. You can press on a word, say 'press' and you have options to change it to pressure and so on with single touch.

Few bugs in it I think, eg Spare Parts always FC's no matter what.

Can't flash themes as of yet but might have changed since I was on xda.

If you use Launcher Pro like me it can be a little laggy.

Overall I'm not mightily impressed but it's early days. Gonna keep it for a couple weeks to see if it gets more features added and bugs sorted.

Apparently lots of people are getting stuck in a boot loop if on an earlier hboot version 0.75 or 0.8. If your phone is S-on it can lead to boot loop problems too.

I changed to HBOOT 0.93 and S-Off using the tool on alpharev.no

Check what version hboot you have by booting into recovery (volume down + power button) .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

I've got 0.80, but I think I'll stick with cm7 for a bit.

PS if your doing it changing to s-off and hboot 0.93 can be tricky. I went through it yesterday so let me know if.you get stuck and I should be able to
    help.

Oh there's no track pad wake unlock function yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,365 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Think I'll skip this one. Currently got 2.4 with Launcher Pro and I have to say I haven't had a single issue with my phone since I went with this Leedroid Rom.

Don't see anything too special to force me to upgrade apart from the "playing about" with gingerbread factor.

I'd say wait until it gets developed a bit more.

You're not missing too much, not yet anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

any idea why its not on the leedroid homepage?
    now i know why, not just a simple matter of flashing the rom over the existing. found this on xda fro DJIGANE in case its of use to anyone wanting this new rom

"For those who have issues flashing this rom or an other one, here is my solution:
    - FIRST: you must be S-OFF
    - download Android Flasher (search it in this Desire forum)
    - download from alpharev hboot stock 1.8
    - download latest recovery ( I use Amon - Ra 2.0.1)
    - FASTBOOT MODE your phone and with android Flasher :
    -->flash proper hboot ( for this Lee's Rom is stock hboot 1.8)
    -->flash recovery
    -->reboot into recovery
    -->WIPE ALL USER DATA
    -->partition SD card ( no swap, no ext, only fat32)
    -->mount SD to MS Windows (use USB/ms toggle in recovery)
    -->use gparted ( I use it in virtual box/ubuntu) or mini tool partition wizard for windows to create your fat32 and Ext3/4 (ext4 only with gparted) and if necessary swap partitions
    Transfer the Rom AND the needed radio to the SD
    UNMOUNT SD
    TURN OFF PHONE
    TURN ON PHONE INTO RECOVERY-->FLASH ROM-->FLASH RADIO-->reboot and enjoy"

method above worked perfectly except i used clockworkmod recovery 2.5 instead

very smooth & fast so far, unsure if the totally clean install helped that though. programs didnt reinstall from titanium update unfortunately but a reboot after restored wifi passwords etc which was my main worry

only thing ive had an issue with so far is flash not working on web pages

slightly OT here, but have any of you changed your clockworkmod recover - mine is 2.5.0.7 but i've seen other users with 3.x

MiCr0 wrote: »
    slightly OT here, but have any of you changed your clockworkmod recover - mine is 2.5.0.7 but i've seen other users with 3.x

I did but went back to 2.5 as it wouldnt allow me to flash the latest radio due to new scripting limitations on version 3.0.....

Advertisement