Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What fish goes with Neon Tetras

Options
  • 18-04-2011 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Yesterday I got 5 Neon Tetras as a present for someone and we now plan on getting more and im just wondering what goes with Neon Tetras. :confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Guppies would be nice

I keep Guppies and love them

I also keep Tetras so both fish are very calm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Amandac2kaii11

Any other sort of fish ???

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Dwarf gourami, Bronze corydoras, Plecostomus (will help to keep the glass clean as well)

There are loads of other fish that are compatible.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

any fish that wont eat it should be fine ie similar in size

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

ask in your fish shop. Most small fish in the community tank section such as other tetra, danios, rasboras, guppies, swordtails, platies, mollies, gourami and any pleco, catfish, corys, loaches (as long as not too big) should all be ok.

Avoid barbs, angels

And a basic rule - if its mouth is big enough to fit another fish in it, dont mix them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Amandac2kaii11

thanks everyone :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

fungun wrote: »
    ask in your fish shop. Most small fish in the community tank section such as other tetra, danios, rasboras, guppies, swordtails, platies, mollies, gourami and any pleco, catfish, corys, loaches (as long as not too big) should all be ok.

Avoid barbs, angels

And a basic rule - if its mouth is big enough to fit another fish in it, dont mix them

Tiger barbs can be ok. Keep them in groups of more than 8 and you would be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

Personally I prefer Cardinal Tetra's.

Cardinals and some Harlequin Rasbora's add a lot of colour to any tank.

Advertisement