Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saddle height

Options
  • 17-04-2011 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭

how do you gauge the right height? if you are sat on the saddle should your leg be dead straight on the pedal or should it be slightly bent its just that at the min at the full rotation of the pedal my knee is slightly bent and im getting a pain in my back should i just raise the saddle a bit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,031 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Rule of thumb: if you can just about pedal with your heels without rocking your hips, your saddle height is about right.

Back pain can be definitely be caused by having the saddle too high (overstretching hamstrings and pulling on the lower back), and usually your knees let you know if your saddle is too low, but there are almost limitless combinations of things which can cause you pain so who the hell knows.

Advertisement