Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Essays: Swap 'em if you got 'em

Options
  • 17-04-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

You can never have enough! So anyway I've got several A2/A1 history essays I'm willing to swap if anyone's interested.

Irish topic essays:
    -Outline the divisions that emerged among the Irish during the Treaty Negotiations of 1921 and how these divisions would ultimately lead to Civil War
    -Coleraine university conspiracy
    - Discuss how successive Irish governments dealt with Irish economic problems between 1923-39

Europe + wider world essays:
    -Montgomery bus boycott
    - US policy of containment
    -Why was Germany so successful in the early stages of WW2 but ultimately defeated

And a few more. I'm looking for essays on the Dictatorship topic, Propaganda, Stalin, that kind of stuff. So if you have anything you'd like to share, PM me!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

People have been sending awesome stuff so far, but the PM system is a pain for sending long essays or receiving long essays. So instead of PMing me, my email address is <email snipped - PM the OP for the email address if you want to give him/her your work to use> . I have buttloads of really good English essays and stuff and an ever-growing supply of History essays that I can give you in return.

Muchos Gracias me amigos.

Sorry, didn't realise email addresses were against the rules. Anyway, just thought I'd bump this one last time, any new essays will be appreciated and I've got plenty to share at this point so send me a pm.

Also, Is there some rule about how many essays are asked for on Ireland vs how many are asked for on Europe and the Wider world? I always thought it was do 2 topics on Ireland and 1 on Europe, but I didn't realise until the pre that it can sometimes be the opposite. Is there a pattern or a way to know what way they are coming up this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dreamer...

njd2010 wrote: »

Also, Is there some rule about how many essays are asked for on Ireland vs how many are asked for on Europe and the Wider world? I always thought it was do 2 topics on Ireland and 1 on Europe, but I didn't realise until the pre that it can sometimes be the opposite. Is there a pattern or a way to know what way they are coming up this year?

i think for 2011 it's 2 essays on the wider world and then one essay on ireland and then your document question is on case studies from a specific section! maybe a 2011 lc student will clarify that for you im doing it in 2012:cool:

Dreamer... wrote: »
    i think for 2011 it's 2 essays on the wider world and then one essay on ireland and then your document question is on case studies from a specific section! maybe a 2011 lc student will clarify that for you im doing it in 2012:cool:

Oh, so it's not just random? If anyone could back this up it'd be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

It's 2 questions from Ireland, and 2 from Europe/Wider World. If your documents question is from Ireland, it'll be 1 Irish and 2 European essays, if the documents question is European the opposite is the case.

• Advertisement

According to my exam papers: "For the years 2010/11, you must study the three nominated case studies from Topic 5 of Irish History:politics and society in Northern Ireland 1949-1993"- Coleraine, Sunningdale and Apprentice boys.

So I take it that means there will be 1 irish essay and 2 wider world essays. Wish I'd known that sooner. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I'm up for an essay swap. Anyone interested in my list of essays please PM me with your email address and I will send you as many or all of the essays if you's are interested.

All essays are high B-A standard unless where stated.

Irish/Northern Irish History

1. What factors led to Sinn Fein's success in 1918?
    2. How did the Unionist party manage the affairs Northern Ireland?
    3. What was the impact of WWII on Irish society and economy?
    4. Compare and contrast the economic and social policies of Cumann na nGaedheal and Fianna Fail?
    5. What was Arthur Griffith's contribution to Irish independence? (C standard)
    6. What steps were taken to revive the Iris language after 1922 (D standard)
    7. How was the Sunningdale agreement a failure (C standard)
    8. Why was the Coleraine decision controversial?
    9. What was the impact of the Welfare state (C standard)
    10. Why was Coleraine "The Last Straw" for Nationalists

Europe/Wider World

1. What were the successes and the failures of Lenin’s Regime in 1917-1924?
    2. How successfully did Britain deal with social and economic problems of the inter-war period?
    3. What contribution did Mussolini make to Italian society?
    4. What led to the growth of fascism 1919-1939?
    5. What role did Terror play in Stalinist Russia?
    6. What were the main characteristics of the Nazi state?
    7. What problems did the Third Republic of France encounter?
    8. What was the impact of World War II on the 'home front' in Great Britain?
    9. Montgomery Bus Boycott impact on Civil Rights movement
    10. What was the impact of the Moon Landing on domestic and foreign affairs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CKehoe

karaokeman wrote: »

4. Compare and contrast the economic and social policies of Cumann na nGaedheal and Fianna Fail?

Europe/Wider World

2. How successfully did Britain deal with social and economic problems of the inter-war period?

I was wondering if i could get these essays please I'm new at this and cant figure out how to PM yet

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

When my history teacher got us to write essays, she put us twos gave each group a different essay, assessed it, she may have wrote corrections at the back, got the essays printed off and we ad 4 or 5 more essays than we would have done, had we just done the essay alone by ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CKehoe

Skyrim wrote: »
    When my history teacher got us to write essays, she put us twos gave each group a different essay, assessed it, she may have wrote corrections at the back, got the essays printed off and we ad 4 or 5 more essays than we would have done, had we just done the essay alone by ourselves.

Thats a very good at idea i wish my teacher did that with us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rois333

hi i would love them essays if u dont mind..how do i send u you my email?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Megan.mcgowan

Do you/anyone else have any essays on Home Rule after Parnell's death? I have a handout on it but its v. confusing and my teacher's handwriting is terrible! just awkward to learn in general. If anyone has one could they PM me and I can give them my email address. I have a few B1/A standard short stories and a few spanish opinion essays in return! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Dougal.Maguire

i have:

-economy and law/order under Cumann na gaedhal AND fianna fail 1922-39
    -how and why did unionists oppose home rule
    -also, an information sheet on Colraine University controversy which is good enough to revise with

i need: anything on stalin and the dictatorship & democracy topic, and USA topic too.

(i have a few geography english and irish ones too if anyones interested..all HL)
    PM me for more info.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 epod10

karaokeman wrote: »
    I'm up for an essay swap. Anyone interested in my list of essays please PM me with your email address and I will send you as many or all of the essays if you's are interested.

All essays are high B-A standard unless where stated.

2. How did the Unionist party manage the affairs Northern Ireland?
    5. What was Arthur Griffith's contribution to Irish independence? (C standard)
    6. What steps were taken to revive the Iris language after 1922 (D standard)
    7. How was the Sunningdale agreement a failure (C standard)
    9. What was the impact of the Welfare state (C standard)
    10. Why was Coleraine "The Last Straw" for Nationalists

Europe/Wider World

1. What were the successes and the failures of Lenin’s Regime in 1917-1924?
    3. What contribution did Mussolini make to Italian society?
    4. What led to the growth of fascism 1919-1939?
    7. What problems did the Third Republic of France encounter?
    9. Montgomery Bus Boycott impact on Civil Rights movement
    10. What was the impact of the Moon Landing on domestic and foreign affairs?

wont let me pm you??
    but i was jus wonderin if u cud send me.. rise of sinn fein and britain during the wars??
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

What's with the shortcuts? It's so unfair on those who actually do ALL the work expected to earn an A.

Gumbi wrote: »
    What's with the shortcuts? It's so unfair on those who actually do ALL the work expected to earn an A.

A)History is an unfair exam

B) I posted this because I joined history in 6th year so I missed a large portion of the course

C)swapping essays isn't the same as someone giving you essays

and

D) you don't get extra points for being a goody-two shoes, Hermione ;)

OK so I'm being buried under PMs by people asking for essays. The online storage service I've been using to store all my typed essays is currently on the blink, and I haven't got the time to send everything out to people anyway. If you want essays, I suggest you PM someone else or ask in a reply here and someone else might help you. You are also more likely to get help if you ask nicely (I would have thought that goes without saying :( ) and have decent essays or notes to swap. It might seem mean, but sorry... I haven't got time to be a charity for people who are only realising a week before the exams that they aren't prepared enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Gumbi wrote: »

History is a huge subject, it is not possible to learn the sections in two years and revise. Must say i was overjoyed last year when church/state relations came up in the exam, was worth all the study, good luck :D

Advertisement