Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Online Notice - notice vanished!

Options
  • 17-04-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have an Online Notice Savings account with AIB and I gave a notice to withdraw €2k from it before my holidays. I got the usual "your money will be available within 7 days and will be available until xx". When I logged in after the 7 days were served, to withdraw my money, the money wasn't available.

So I rang up customer services and they told me there wasn't a notice on the system, even though I received confirmation. This is a rather unpleasant situation, trying to convince the girl on the other side of the line that you are not crazy. They told me they'd look into it.

Now, this isn't the first time that happened. I had the same situation last January when they told me the notice was given, but then it was cancelled. I'm positive that I did not cancel it. In the end they didn't make an exception and made me serve another 7 days of notice.

So my questions are: has any of you experienced something like this? The notice to withdraw simply vanishes from your account? Am I alone?

I told them I'd close my account if they don't allow me to withdraw my money, but now I need to find a good bank with competitive interest rates on savings, but that won't give me further headaches.

Thank you

Advertisement