Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't banks have customer coin counters?

Options
  • 17-04-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

I've heard of some banks abroad that have coin counters for their customers to use. Simply scan your card and drop in the coins and it all gets credited to your account, great idea. Why can't banks do it here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

cause banks here dont seem like they even want your business most of the time with crap opening hours etc, never mind them going to the bother of installing things like that for people .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

i dont know why they dont even have a machine like tesco has and take 10% - if its the coins that costs them money to transport and store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Panrich

I wonder do they get many washers 'deposited' in these foreign banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Panrich wrote: »
    I wonder do they get many washers 'deposited' in these foreign banks?
    That wouldn't fool most modern vending machines let alone a bank coin counting machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

If a bank put in a coin machine and charged 10% we would have a thread about rip off banks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

They al ready charge business' to lodge coin, bagged, counted and ready to be 'sold' to the next customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Business customers get charged to lodge coin and notes.

The cost of installing the machines would not pay off the money made with them. The amount of times I've seen these machines out of order is unreal.

Advertisement