Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S beer range

Options
  • 17-04-2011 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

They have six for the price of five for the moment. I thought they were okay, but the chocolate porter was really nice. More like a chocolate ale.

Also tried the wheat beer, Czech beer and the winter ale. The winter ale and the chocolate porter were the nicest.

I'm not beer expert, though.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Had some of their Winter IPA and Welsh Honey Bitter on Saturday, both had a artificially (to me) sweet taste that I didn't like, the IPA in particular wasn't at all hoppy which I expect in a pale ale, won't be trying them again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Cornish IPA is by far the best in the range, IMO. I really like the Winter IPA (it's basically Adnams Innovation), and the Scottish Ale. The Irish Stout is very good as well: I've seen it rank above O'Hara's Stout in blind tastings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

BeerNut wrote: »
    The Cornish IPA is by far the best in the range, IMO. I really like the Winter IPA (it's basically Adnams Innovation), and the Scottish Ale. The Irish Stout is very good as well: I've seen it rank above O'Hara's Stout in blind tastings.

Never liked Innovation so that explains it, will give the stout a try next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,818 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Made an interesting discovery yesterday.

M&S are doing a 6 for 5 deal on their beers which made the Winter IPA reasonable value. However, when I got to the till it was cheaper than expected. On studying the receipt, I discovered that I'd also received a 25% discount for buying 6 bottles. Now this deal is supposed to be on wine only but I bought 6 more bottles today and, although priced at €3.39 each, the 6 came to just under €12! Not sure if this applies to all store or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Sounds like excellent value. Im gonna be in town on Friday so might drop in to one of them and pick some up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Anyone tried the ginger beer? Finding it as a nice alternative to cider on warm days but it's hard to get anything other than Crabbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I picked up the Belgian Wheatbeer, Belgian Cherry Wheatbeer, Cornish IPA, Lincolnshire Best Bitter, Chocolate Porter and Winter IPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Dunnes stock Ginger Joe which is a beautiful ginger beer

Advertisement